2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I've really been looking for an excuse to switch to Telus, on account of what a giant piece of **** Bell is as a company...........this might put me over the edge, if they help kill the thing I love most in life.

I have been having non-stop issues with BellMTS for a couple of years. I've dumped every service I could and will now be switching to Rhawgers. 

Just now, JCon said:

I have been having non-stop issues with BellMTS for a couple of years. I've dumped every service I could and will now be switching to Rhawgers. 

my thing is....I need good coverage in both rural AB and Calgary, and want the best coverage possible when I'm back home in MB. To date, Bell has been the best choice for all of that. If Rogers or Telus could offer me the same without jacking up my monthly bill, then I'll be looking at it in June when my contract is up.

23 hours ago, JCon said:

Check out Primus. Or IVC telecom- 100MBPS for $40.00 per month.

Edited by Tracker

So any thoughts on what the league will announce this week? Announcement coming Tuesday, by all accounts. Part of it will be the official postponement of the start of the season, but I'm gonna say that they'll announce a hard start date of Canada Day. Now, will that be TC begins then or first game of the season.... But that's my guess. They'll give us something "written in stone", so to speak, so we have something to look forward to.... 

47 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

They have had a year to figure it out.  To say they are being held to a higher standard than leagues who have played actual games...is ludicrous at this point. 

Have you read any of John Hodge's tweets or stories lately on 3DN? Even worse take than this one. I think someone hit the guy over the head with a hammer. One story he wrote talked about how the CFL can spend it's way out of its problems while admitting it's not his money so the owners may not want to do it. The other was about how single game betting could cover the losses the league suffers so it doesn't have to change it's business model. It can just carry on like nothing happened. Just complete crap. As bad or worse than that 3DN writer there for the Riders who wrote about what positions players from the Riders could play if they were in the NHL. 

Oh yeah, there was another John Hodge story last week on twitter & at 3DN which I called him out for as it was totally ridiculous. Hodge said Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal were holding back the CFL so screw them. He claimed that they can be replaced by other cities.

I said he was delusional. How do you replace three markets with nearly 13 million people? I asked him what "cities" would replace them?? Saskatoon, Kelowna, London or Quebec City? Kamloops or Kelowna? Red Deer??? Charlottetown?? Victoria?? St. John's??? Who would pay for new stadiums? No government would. Taxpayers would be up in arms footing half to three quarters of $250-$300 million dollar stadiums in these places so no stadium would ever be built.

I reminded him the reason the Schooners in Halifax never went forward was because the city & province there refused to finance a CFL sized stadium so the team was shelved. I said without Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal there'd be no TV deal worth any money. It was a totally stupid article. He never responded. I get he's against a CFL merger with the XFL but at least write something that makes sense & gives good reason why the CFL can play with no fans in the stands & is viable long term. 

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I appreciate Hodge's positivity... It's needed at a time like this. Someone who actually cares about saving the traditions. 

It's not positivity when you know the story is daft from the start. If you believed in your mind thru positive thinking that if you stepped in front of a train going 100 kph that you wouldn't be hurt is that reality or stupidity?? That's all I get from his stories now. I want some actual hope not pie in the sky musings. I'm looking for something to grasp on to that makes sense. I'm desperate for some good news that the 3 down game remains. 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I love it. Would absolutely love to move on as a league without the organizations always holding us back. 

We'd have no TV money to even cover flights & hotels without those markets. It may not even be feasible to televise games. Smaller is not good. It' would be a death wish. I doubt TSN would be interested in televising any games. If they did, maybe a game a week. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

if the NFL, NBA, baseball, hockey, depended on ticket sales as much as the cfl, they would be in the same boat.

not the same situation at all.

but the general silence from the league is pretty bad.

Tomorrow....lots coming tomorrow.

Jeff Hamilton with a bit of a scoop. League aims to start no later than mid July with camps opening weeks before that. Determined to play 18 games even if they have to go into December... 

I know SF will likely harumph this and say "I'll believe it when I see it!!" but I desperately need some good news right now and I'm gonna cling to this hope of a 2021 CFL season...