2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

8 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Please, everyone tell me again how great the Walters trade to Toronto to move up 4 spots in the 6th round was again for a Canadian o-lineman who we were going to lose? This seems like a better payout than that one by a good bit, and Calgary had the same “no leverage” we supposedly did. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

21 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Please, everyone tell me again how great the Walters trade to Toronto to move up 4 spots in the 6th round was again for a Canadian o-lineman who we were going to lose? This seems like a better payout than that one by a good bit, and Valgary had the same “no leverage” we supposedly did. 

I'll say this. We must be in pretty good shape if fans are complaining about picking up a 6th round pick instead of a fourth round pick.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We really need another legit deep threat to with Adams. Lawler showed flashes but isn't re-signed. 

Agree. If Lawler resigns though I think he's got what it takes. Plus you see what they bring into camp and go from there.

Would be nice to get another grade A guy - but I think we can survive with our current group and lawler 

11 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Agree. If Lawler resigns though I think he's got what it takes. Plus you see what they bring into camp and go from there.

Would be nice to get another grade A guy - but I think we can survive with our current group and lawler 

I would like to see us go from a team that averages 200 -220 yards a game passing to 275 yards. I just hope Buck Pierce opens things up. 

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Please, everyone tell me again how great the Walters trade to Toronto to move up 4 spots in the 6th round was again for a Canadian o-lineman who we were going to lose? This seems like a better payout than that one by a good bit, and Valgary had the same “no leverage” we supposedly did. 

Going forward, any GM that doesn't get something for every expiring contract is ******* up. Happy?

13 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Please, everyone tell me again how great the Walters trade to Toronto to move up 4 spots in the 6th round was again for a Canadian o-lineman who we were going to lose? This seems like a better payout than that one by a good bit, and Calgary had the same “no leverage” we supposedly did. 

How is this better? A 3rd round in the Global draft? Otherwise they got a 4th rounder for 2 players that can be game changers.....thats what you consider good?

8 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

All three were pending FA. CGY gets picks in return for 3 players they weren't going to retain anyhow. TOR gets exclusive negotiation rights with these 3 players for a whopping 18 hours. CGY turns nothing into something while TOR has no guarantee these guys won't test FA...

I guess if Calgary didnt want to re-sign any of those 3 if makes sense. Surprised they didnt even want to make an attempt.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Any Bombers offense FA's going to Ottawa makes a ton of sense. If they like Lapo, then why not? And absolutely if Arbuckle doesn't sign in OTT, then Matty Ice will head that way. 

Regarding Burnham to the Bombers... I'd feel more confident with that of we had Ryan Rigmaiden still... 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Idk why arbuckle or any one else would want to go to TO. Nichols to ott makes a lot of sense. 

I'm guessing like me, you haven't been paying attention to their moves. They have the making of a solid oline...already have a decent rec group, that might now include rogers. They're not as unappealing as they were pre covid.

54 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Even Toronto disses Nichols. :lol: Haven't they looked at his stats that one year when he looked competent? Queue Less Nessman... Oh the humanity!

veteran passer was due a $220,000 bonus on February 1.

As much as I spread the word on how Nichols is done....  it's a no brainer to cut him before that bonus.   They can always sign him again afterwards since his options will be very limited.