2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

52 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Adams will get better with experience the more big games he plays. He has more of an upside than Cody Fajardo. 

Way better athelete as well and it *appears* that he is coachable unlike some of the other recent flash in the pans like Jennings.  

I'll give Fajardo the benefit of the doubt and will reserve final judgement until after this season on how good he can be.  I think a lot of Fajardo was his awkwardness in how he extended plays and I wasn't that thrilled when he was contained in the pocket.   With Adams their was a noticeable improvement last year of his pocket presence and he still has the atheletic ability to throw a good ball and to elude defenders chasing him.    Nichols... well he better hope he gets a lot of protection if he plays this season, the guy can't move anymore. 

43 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Way better athelete as well and it *appears* that he is coachable unlike some of the other recent flash in the pans like Jennings.  

I'll give Fajardo the benefit of the doubt and will reserve final judgement until after this season on how good he can be.  I think a lot of Fajardo was his awkwardness in how he extended plays and I wasn't that thrilled when he was contained in the pocket.   With Adams their was a noticeable improvement last year of his pocket presence and he still has the atheletic ability to throw a good ball and to elude defenders chasing him.    Nichols... well he better hope he gets a lot of protection if he plays this season, the guy can't move anymore. 

OLB & DE can't pinch in or he'll kill them with that reverse bucket step to the right. He made a lot of plays doing that & defenses should have taken that away after half a season. Getting **** canned a few times doing that would stop him from doing that so much. 

On 2021-01-22 at 9:36 AM, Dr Zaius said:

With the way our defense showed up in the Grey Cup, Nichols wins that game for us.

That being said, I don't think Nichols would have won the game in Saskatchewan. Collaros made timely plays under pressure. Buried in our endzone and hitting Adams 35 yards down field on the sideline just isn't a throw I think Matt Nichols ever completes. 

Or the throw to Darvin Adams back of the end zone vs Calgary. That would have been a sack. That was the official start of our GC run. When we all started to believe. The players too. Might have been the season's most important play establishing Zach Collaros. 

On 2021-01-23 at 1:44 AM, CodyT said:

Here's a question I'll pose to our group here,

Vernon Adams, Matt's Nichols, or Fajardo 

Who you taking?

Thats a tough choice. I always liked fajardo before he was a rider and thought he could be good. I liked vaj too. 

I dont think Fajardo is adapting quick enough for the pro game. And im not sure he's had the right Co to develop further, rather then just cover up for his weaknesses. 

I think Vaj has a better chance to be developed with khari as hc. But I think as we saw from him in his game against us his head/temper will be his un doing kinda like jason maas as a coach. 

I actually think MBT in toronto will have more success then any of those 3.