2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

11 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Noodle arm and teams aren't gonna let him get away with that stupid spin move all the time. What's he got then? 

what he's had for 5 years...a seat on the bench due to lack of starter talent....Shows how out to lunch Rider Management must be to reward a guy that after 1 season of moderate success...it's not like he lit things up and only led the league in passing because every other starter went down hurt...but good signing...for the other 8 teams!!

that CFL News Twitter feed is running a bunch of quotes from Fajardo talking about how he's "not that interested in the NFL".... "The money is there, sure, but........" blah blah.... LIKE HE WOULD HAVE A LEGITIMATE CHANCE! 

It is staggering to me that a career 3rd string CFLer is all of a sudden being talked about as the second coming of Ricky Ray.....staggering! 

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

that CFL News Twitter feed is running a bunch of quotes from Fajardo talking about how he's "not that interested in the NFL".... "The money is there, sure, but........" blah blah.... LIKE HE WOULD HAVE A LEGITIMATE CHANCE! 

It is staggering to me that a career 3rd string CFLer is all of a sudden being talked about as the second coming of Ricky Ray.....staggering! 

Thats how Rider fans view things....always has been...They shat all over his original signing...now he is the best in league...laughable

when you look at his numbers, he averaged 239 yards passing with 1 TD and .44 picks per game... ran for 10 TD's as well...and couldn't lead them to a home win in their own barn in a playoff match where winner gets to cup...Are those 500k a year and elite QB creds?? .and best QB in league...yeah I didnt think so either....which makes it even more funny 

Conversely Strev accounted for 20 Td's (passing and running) in probably 1/3 of the reps...was a key component in play-off wins with 2 games on the road (on a broken foot to boot) as well as key in winning a Grey Cup...interesting...also of note in only his second year in the CFL and really only his 3rd real year as an actual full fledged QB 

What astounds me most about the deal is that the Riders were bidding against themselves. No one is interested in him. 

But, the Riders will probably be spending to the cap again. They probably have more flexibility than anyone else on this. They have the room and will probably do well in FA. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Fajardo has figured out how to read CFL defenses & finding the extra 12th man which means he's a legit starter.  I mean, we're expecting the same big things from Sean McGuire as a fanbase ourselves. I've seen qbs who initially struggled become productive starters & champions. Some guys take longer than others. Just playing Devil's Advocate here & giving the other side of the story. I've seen inexperienced qbs who initially looked lost on the field suddenly figure it out & become league champions, award winners & all stars. If anyone here remembers Dieter Brock's first start against Edmonton in 1974 you know what I mean. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It looks like Fajardo has figured out how to read CFL defenses.  It looks like he has which means he's a legit starter.  I mean we're expecting big things from Sean McGuire as a fanbase ourselves. I've seen qbs who initially struggled become productive starters & champions. Some guys take longer than others. Just playing Devil's Advocate here & giving the other side of the story. 

I don't know that we're expecting big things. I think we've seen the skillset in practice and are encouraged to see if he can do it on the field in a game. We're not starting him now, anyhow. 

Yes, perhaps Cody has figured some stuff out but he's so flawed in many areas. I don't expect him to be able to overcome his deficiencies but he'll likely get better. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

I don't know that we're expecting big things. I think we've seen the skillset in practice and are encouraged to see if he can do it on the field in a game. We're not starting him now, anyhow. 

Yes, perhaps Cody has figured some stuff out but he's so flawed in many areas. I don't expect him to be able to overcome his deficiencies but he'll likely get better. 

If defenses can take away his cute little reverse step to the right when the pocket collapses That would be a start. My son used that move when he played & he got destroyed a couple of times. He didn't see a linebacker or DL rushing on his opposite side & he stepped right into them. BOOM! The same thing will happen to Fajardo except CFL players hit a lot harder than college. 

I don't think he figured them out...caught many off-guard at first, as he was generally just a runner, but as season rolled on...his stats declined. Plus teams were flatfooted on a lot of his deep throws...most of which hung up there and basically was a 50/50 or one where db was in chase a bit, as nobody knew he could, or would throw...Those balls will be easy picks now, as they wee moreso later in season...he has a noodle arm, and not a lot of pocket poise

McGuire has a cannon..throws on a line, and can and will stand in the pocket...looking forward to more reps from him this year

Fajardo isn't absolutely god awful as some of the people on here are making him out to be.  That being said I'm not sure who else in the league would be looking his way since each team seems to be set at QB so they could of gave him a more prove me deal.    Either way it will be interesting to see how the season goes for him and if people take away his run game from him and force him to throw in the pocket.