2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

4 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Collaros was a difference maker, the D was dominant, and Andrew Harris did what he does.

I think the performance that is too often overlooked is the D in the semi - final against Calgary.  BLM was completely confused and under pressure for long stretches of that game. 

It was after THAT GAME that I think most of us diehards knew - this was going to be our year. 

Wasn't just the D in that game either. The O in the 2nd half steam rolled the stamps D, something that had been a challenge for this team for a while.

My dog you guys are idiots. I said we had an average regular season and you act like I said they played like crap or that the season wasn't successful. Are you unclear on what average means?

You say you don't care what I say, but you've gone on for several days whining about what I said and grossly misinterpreting my point even tho I've restated it many times.

I said we had a great playoffs, which we did. No disrespect to the team at all. We came from 3rd in the West to win the cup, which isn't something that happens very often. That doesn't change the fact that we came in 4th overall and 3rd in the West in the regular season. Folks want to say we were a great team last year, when the truth is we were a great team in the playoffs and an average team for the rest of the year. 

Cheers & stay safe.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

My dog you guys are idiots. I said we had an average regular season and you act like I said they played like crap or that the season wasn't successful. Are you unclear on what average means?

You say you don't care what I say, but you've gone on for several days whining about what I said and grossly misinterpreting my point even tho I've restated it many times.

I said we had a great playoffs, which we did. No disrespect to the team at all. We came from 3rd in the West to win the cup, which isn't something that happens very often. That doesn't change the fact that we came in 4th overall and 3rd in the West in the regular season. Folks want to say we were a great team last year, when the truth is we were a great team in the playoffs and an average team for the rest of the year. 

Cheers & stay safe.

No, in the original post you said they had an ‘average season.’  Season includes both the regular season and the playoffs. 

10 hours ago, Mark H. said:

No, in the original post you said they had an ‘average season.’  Season includes both the regular season and the playoffs. 

We had a pretty average season. 3rd in the West. 4th overall. The difference last year is that we had a great playoff run.

That's my first comment. If you read the whole line, you'll realize what I'm saying.

47 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Oh my dog I am so glad we are arguing about football again.

It's a Christmas miracle!

Arguing about Football, reminding each other how the riders still suck no matter their record, gleefully basking in the light of being Grey Cup champs And @TBURGESS calling out people because they don't share his contrarian views- ah yes, the world is starting to shift towards normal... :) 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Wouldn't an average CFL regular season record, by definition, be 9-9 (.500)? The 2019 Bombers were 11-7 (.611), two games above average. In other words, they were better than average. And then capped it all off with a perfect playoff record, winning the Grey Cup and ending that lame-ass drought.

Kinda makes you wonder who's really the idiot here...

Top 30 Morpheus GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Edited by blue_gold_84
.gif added

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Wouldn't an average CFL regular season record, by definition, be 9-9 (.500)? The 2019 Bombers were 11-7 (.611), two games above average. In other words, they were better than average. And then capped it all off with a perfect playoff record, winning the Grey Cup and ending that lame-ass drought.

Kinda makes you wonder who's really the idiot here...

Top 30 Morpheus GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

The ID 10 T is still you.

4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

That's my first comment. If you read the whole line, you'll realize what I'm saying.

Ah yes.  The difference last year is we had a great playoff run, which made the overall season well above average.

I know that's what you deep down really want to say - so I'm helping you out.

In other news: there's scotch going on the rocks tonight, some Fort Garry Ale in the cooler & a Delicissio in the oven

On the screen...will be the 2019 Grey Cup 

8 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Ah yes.  The difference last year is we had a great playoff run, which made the overall season well above average.

In other news: there's scotch going on the rocks tonight, some Fort Garry Ale in the cooler & a Delicissio in the oven

Post of the day.

I might go ahead and emulate you.

19 hours ago, Mark H. said:

There's the pre-season, the regular season and the post season.  I've said exactly what I really wanted to say.

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yes, after the season,we held a parade. You would have loved it. 

Nah, he would've complained about the route, the crowd, the weather, the speeches, or everyone having too much fun over an "average" season. Parades are just for us idiots (or ID 10 T*) who want to enjoy our beloved CFL team celebrating its first championship in nearly three decades.

* that's some Big Burgess Brain originality for sure

25 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Pre means before the season. Post means after the season. Condesending means talking down to people.

Sorry- I didn't mean to sound condescending. 

It was a legit question. 

When ever people discuss the 2011 season of the bombers, no one i know ask for clarification unless they want to talk about a specific portion of that season. 

8 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Nah, he would've complained about the route, the crowd, the weather, the speeches, or everyone having too much fun over an "average" season. Parades are just for us idiots (or ID 10 T*) who want to enjoy our beloved CFL team celebrating its first championship in nearly three decades.

Make up things I didn't say just to complain about them, thereby proving once again that you are one of the ID 10 T's.

Nope, I didn't complain about any of that. Nope, I didn't complain about the playoffs or the regular season either.

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Sorry- I didn't mean to sound condescending. 

It was a legit question. 

When ever people discuss the 2011 season of the bombers, no one i know ask for clarification unless they want to talk about a specific portion of that season.

It was me being condescending. That's the joke.

If you've read any of what I actually wrote, you'd already know that I've been very clear on what part of the year I was talking about, when I said average, from the very first post onward. Not the pre-season. Not the post-season. Just the regular season. Who cares about the pre-season? Everyone agrees that we had a great post season.

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

It was me being condescending. That's the joke.

If you've read any of what I actually wrote, you'd already know that I've been very clear on what part of the year I was talking about, when I said average, from the very first post onward. Not the pre-season. Not the post-season. Just the regular season. Who cares about the pre-season? Everyone agrees that we had a great post season.

Thanks for the clarification 👍 

28 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Obviously the parade route was due to LaPo's stale offensive gameplan. They didn't even block off the right streets! Downtown was a sieve for fans to run rampant and sack Portage & Main at will, often in jubilant, vagabond mannerisms.

Just now, Eternal optimist said:

Obviously the parade route was due to LaPo's stale offensive gameplan. They didn't even block off the right streets! Downtown was a sieve for fans to run rampant and sack Portage & Main at will, often in jubilant, vagabond mannerisms.

Glad to see a few here can see (and take) a joke for what it is. Calling someone an "ID 10 T" is about as edgy as a ******* plastic butterknife.

all things considered we had a pretty good regular season...Prior to Nichols injury we were rolling...Defence was lights out and barely allowing TD's

Nichols went down...Strev was up and down and defense was getting worn down a bit being on field more...it happens.....had the Harris issue...a few key injuries and some a few losses where we had no business losing...still a loss but not indicative to what type of team this was, or what kind of locker room bond this team had...was tight, and from what many people in the know have said was the glue that kept things together and wasn't a normal pro locker room..contrary to what a people don't know, many many teams have locker rooms where sure guys are all teamates, friends so to speak, but outside of stadium a lot...actually shockingly lot teams have fragments of guys or units who have no use or dealings' for one another...people always yammer on about "how good" the locker room is/was but 9 times outta 10 its lip service and just that talk...this team was not normal...and credit to Osh, Hall, Younger and Walters for that...and it was key

We made a calculated but risky move for Collaros, but it paid off and was the missing piece..we came into the playoffs hot and confident...dominated the playoffs and after the season as a whole...were the best all round TEAM in the league...thats why we hoisted the Cup...It was blatantly obvious in West Semi and the Cup that this squad was a true gang of brothers, as many said after the game...would play on a broken leg (strev for example) for each other, and not wuss out (Banks for an example) 

And this was one of may most examples aren't privy to...the sum of all the parts of the season...Injuries...suspensions...A coache's abscence due to a death in family..and this team had a damn successful season, and the sad part is with all that were to be back, I have no doubt in my mind that we would have repeated...no doubt...We would have also added a Sayles and a Kongbo back to fold for final push too, making us even stronger than what we would have been at start

Using a race car analogy for 19' ...we had a Cadillac of a team that seemed to be purring along...ran into a few bumps in the road and added a Michael Schumaker (Collaros) to take the wheel when our other drivers couldn't go...We turned up the heat in the stretch and came away with the big prize....I felt all year we had a winner that could take it all...we just needed that one piece behind centre and it came along at just the right time...Like all others I was a tad skeptical when we brought in Zach BUT in the final game at IG against Cal. and Collaros chucked that beauty to Adams in the endzone with Darvin doing the tightrope and hauling in that pin point pass for six, I knew we had something special there...The rest just fell into place...We had a great bunch of guys in 19'...still have IF we can reup them....Hopefully we can retain most (would like them all) and still pull off a repeat....It's still going on strong with this club and not impossible to repeat....Kyle must really be burning the midnight oil trying to put that winner back together...With all of the restraints there exists now...it won't be easy but hope springs eternal