2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

I don't think any of us... The average Joe.... Is going to see a vaccine for a long time yet. Maybe late summer or early fall? So that's not the thing that's going to bring us out of it. We're gonna have to collectively work together to follow the health orders and keep things under control... 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Agree but I think the market will dictate how many people get vaccinated. Want service in a store? Prove you've been vaccinated. Need to travel by air? Prove you've been vaccinated. Want to enter foreign countries by air, ship, rail, bus or by car? Prove that you're vaccinated. Want a hotel for the night or to stay at an all inclusive resort? Prove you're vaccinated. Want a plumber or carpenter to fix a problem in your house? Prove your vaccinated. Need service on your car, truck or SUV? Prove your vaccinated. Want a ticket to a concert or sporting event? Prove your vaccinated. Hey Snowbirds, want to go to Arizona for the winter? Prove your vaccinated. We'll see how strong these anti maskers & anti vaxxers are with their convictions when they can't go anywhere or do anything.  I believe the marketplace & businesses will dictate herd immunity not government or some wack job anti government conspiracy theorists. People are going to ***** about their rights being violated but companies & individuals will say it's their rights to refuse service if they feel they or their employees are at risk if they do business with someone who refuses to be vaccinated. The courts can't tell private businesses who they can or cannot serve if it comes down to safety. This isn't about racism where a store owner won't serve a minority but about safety. Safety of businesses & employees. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Lots of contract stuff going on around the league. No Bombers signings yet, but I'm sure they'll get to it. Riders extend all their coaches, as well as O'Day this morning. Als re-sign William Stanback...

Edited by Noeller

I don't see us having any issues re-signing guys we want, and it appears all want back anyway, so sadly depending on the financial aspect of the league, we may not be able to bring everyone back that would have been here in 2020...but time will tell and hopefully I am wrong, but from little birds I hear from most (in league) know that in 2021, and possibly 2022 they will have to play for a bit less than what has been used to for the betterment of the league, to allow years past that being more fruitful...and all are on board...because its this...or nothing if the NFL isn't an option

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I don't see us having any issues re-signing guys we want, and it appears all want back anyway, so sadly depending on the financial aspect of the league, we may not be able to bring everyone back that would have been here in 2020...but time will tell and hopefully I am wrong, but from little birds I hear from most (in league) know that in 2021, and possibly 2022 they will have to play for a bit less than what has been used to for the betterment of the league, to allow years past that being more fruitful...and all are on board...because its this...or nothing if the NFL isn't an option

I think that's the right attitude to have. Let the league get back on its feet and you'll make your money eventually...

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think that's the right attitude to have. Let the league get back on its feet and you'll make your money eventually...

yup....the thing with it too...teams if they want will still operate under the same cap this year, may not spend it all, but have to at the least pay up to the floor

We will have some roster turnover for sure. 32 FAs and a reduced SMS kind of seal that deal. Lots of guys on the lower echelon of the pay scale may choose to move on from football and just find jobs down South. The good news is that the upper echelon players will likely begrudgingly take the shave. In my estimation, the new spending policy will just make it really tough on recruitment as well. Losing Rigmaiden couldn't have come at a worse time for us. We may need to shave some luxury items off our list like the extra NAT OLs and a NAT receiver, and carrying 3 KRs is probably something we won't be doing this year either. Some hard decisions on a couple vets are likely as well. Pat Neufeld immediately comes to mind...

Edited by GCn20

Als re-sign William Stanbeck & Vernon Adams to restructured deals. Good signings even without knowing the salary cap yet. You need a quality qb & a running back to win so these 2 signings may not have hurt that much. Wait'll the offensive linemen across the CFL get a load of how much less they'll be paid. That will really reset the salary cap. 

Neg list

WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS
Name Position College
Ian Book QB Notre Dame
John Daka DE James Madison
Tae Hayes DB Appalachian St.
Alex McGough QB Florida International
Wyatt Miller OL Central Florida
Deatrick Nichols DB South Florida
Gimel President DE Illinois
Brock Purdy QB Iowa St.
Drew Richmond OL USC
Desmond Ridder QB Cincinnati

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Als re-sign William Stanbeck & Vernon Adams to restructured deals. Good signings even without knowing the salary cap yet. You need a quality qb & a running back to win so these 2 signings may not have hurt that much. Wait'll the offensive linemen across the CFL get a load of how much less they'll be paid. That will really reset the salary cap. 

Barring a coaching meltdown in Montreal, I expect Vernon Adams to elevate his game. He has too many abilities and too good an attitude to fail.