Random Jets News

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Rick Bowness:

“We’re not even close to playing the way we want to play. Not even close,” Bowness said. “The effort is inconsistent. The compete is inconsistent. And the puck management is a huge issue right now. You can’t play this game without emotion or passion. Get mad.” (Winnipeg Sun)

So what shows up against these crusty Bruins tonight I wonder?

2da9cfd5-a19b-4331-96b3-cd1bb94d7b5d_tex

Can't disagree with the Bowness assessment. It looks vaguely familiar to other Jet's squads over the last 4 or so seasons.

We haven't been happy as fans with it. Hopefully coach means it.

Pulling the first line off the ice the other night is a good indication they aren't just words.

7af59746-6cd1-45c2-b37c-068182f3b00b_tex

Edited by IC Khari

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

55 has been pretty good this year all things considered.  It's 81 that's been MIA for some time 

Kc has always been a streaky scorer he will snap out of it...i would like to see him back with PLD when healthy.

Edited by bb1

9 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

We've known this for a while... Clearly the culture needs to change and some guys need to be given their release.

Start with the President and clear everyone else down below. 

13 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I like Rick Bowness. Clear, concise in his assessments and clearly articulates how distributed responsibility and accountability works. 

I'm glad he answered these questions, even if the answers were pretty vague. However, this current funk has been hanging around for nearly two months now - and nothing's improved.

I'm hoping that airing this **** in public lights a fire under the team's collective ass but I won't hold my breath.

Even if they make the post-season, I can't see it going past five games for them.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I'm glad he answered these questions, even if the answers were pretty vague. However, this current funk has been hanging around for nearly two months now - and nothing's improved.

I'm hoping that airing this **** in public lights a fire under the team's collective ass but I won't hold my breath.

Even if they make the post-season, I can't see it going past five games for them.

I wish the questions were more clear and not slanted. Billick is a big disturber and chronic malcontent as a reporter for this team, and his questions were geared to create a narrative. If he knows there are problems, then out them, not make pointed accusations and spin the coach’s answers into your own narrative  

“Is there a commitment problem?”

”I need more from them, put it that way ” (never agreeing that “commitment” is the issue, in fact deliberately re-phrasing)

Proper next question to avoid vagueness should be “by more, do you mean commitment, effort, motivation, or production?”

Instead, Billick goes straight to “why aren’t they self-motivated” when Bowness did not say that. 

Nit-picking on my part, but I can’t stand how some media “frame” questions and spin quotes to suit their story agenda, and when one has a track record of negativity like Billick does, it comes off as pot-stirring. And Bowness himself has said on more occasions than not recently after losses that he has actually liked the game the team has played. 

19 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Being a lifelong Jet fan I've said this over the years but change my tune instantly if they make the playoffs and hope/believe anything can happen until of course we face that elimination game.

The curse of being a Jet fan.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Billick is a big disturber and chronic malcontent as a reporter for this team...

Which I love.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

And Bowness himself has said on more occasions than not recently after losses that he has actually liked the game the team has played. 

Which in some games is opposite of what the fans/media are thinking. I forget which game it was but it was a more lopsided loss then the previous one and he liked it more 🙄

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Being a lifelong Jet fan I've said this over the years but change my tune instantly if they make the playoffs and hope/believe anything can happen until of course we face that elimination game.

The curse of being a Jet fan.

I actually like our chances against MIN, DAL or LAK. Course the alternative is COL, EDM OR VGK.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Murat Ates asking Rick Bowness what he's looking for with these new lines:

"More offence. Simple as that. Dubie and Kyle has looked good together. I’ve thought Vladdy would be a good fit with Mark and Wheels so we’ll have a look at that. Maybe Nik can help with Adam scoring, maybe they can help Nik get going, two big strong guys that hang on to pucks."

Edited by HardCoreBlue