Random Jets News

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

MTL gets him in '24 regardless so I cant see them wanting him maintenant. Use him for the run this year and trade in summer. Unless someone is crazy and wants him now and has a low first round pick too. 

You're not trading PLD if you have a shot at the SC. 

Especially for draft picks! 

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

If true, I’m wondering what PLD is wanting when it comes to the working and life conditions to play hockey?

Big $, the chance to have Habs fans venerate him as a french canadian playiong les habs and lots of time to golf because Montreal ain't ever winning the cup again.

24 minutes ago, JCon said:

You're not trading PLD if you have a shot at the SC. 

Especially for draft picks! 

No. Good thing the draft is after the playoffs . I believe thar Florida pick and a player would do it. And it likely happens at thus years draft. Dubois won't be a Jet next year/season but they ain't dealing him now. No chance unless you get exactly what u want including his replacement in return 

Edited by Goalie

What the hell kind of effort was that against that hapless club yesterday....Everything that Bowness has been preaching has gone out the window it seems.....Something isn't right....ever since that road trip starting in T.O. ....then the luv in by Dubois with the place he'd rather be playing in....So obvious by his comments that's where he wants to be....Seems he can't wait till the end of the season to go....IF that's the case he's affected the room and Bowness has to deal with that pronto...Geebus I'm  so sick of these prima donnas that permeate the league....So in the end we end up with a big nothing for Laine....just a loaner for a couple of years.....Just bull$hit

When they hired Bowness I thought he was going to be a caretaker for this team for a couple of years he wasn't the teams first choice probably not even the second choice, but by hook or crook the team bought into what he was selling and he got them near the top of the division, for the last while this team is back to playing the way they did under Maurice in his last 2 years, poor defending players making the same mistakes a poor pp and generally looking like they don't give a ****, and the top six looking anything but. Jets changed coaches now it time in the off season to move the players that don't want to be here or wont buy in.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Bowness has a short window as an effective coach but he can usually get a full season out of his team. I would expect them to play better after the break. Hopefully. 

hopefully, because it feels like they have break time on the brain except for Helle and Morrissey 

I think we all know it's on the guys on the ice by now. Can they turn it around? Yes they can. Could it go south like it did under Maurice and Dave? Possibly but then you can trade a Dubois or pionk or maybe even Wheeler and Scheifele.... cuz it's definitely not on the 3rd coach. If bowness has lost the room, the room needs to change.  When they play how he wants, they win. With they revert back to Maurice Era hockey,  we lose. We playing Maurice Era hockey the last 10 games ish... 

Edited by Goalie

I saw a quote on Twitter where Bowness said that he's still dealing with the "demons of last year".... So while I'm not sure exactly what that means, it definitely means there's work to do and likely bodies to be moved out. 

5 hours ago, JCon said:

Honestly, this team has a history of being lost. 

But, I think this is a blip. They found it before, they'll find it again. 

Hard for Bowness to change the culture in half a season after a decade of the last regime. Then giving the team to Dave Lowry was a huge mistake. It'll take time. If anything, it was Cheveldayoff who kept maurice around longer than he should have. then hired Lowry to be the IC. One wonders why he keeps getting a pass for all the problems this team has had from Chipman. #jobforlife

Edited by SpeedFlex27

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

I think we all know it's on the guys on the ice by now. Can they turn it around? Yes they can. Could it go south like it did under Maurice and Dave? Possibly but then you can trade a Dubois or pionk or maybe even Wheeler and Scheifele.... cuz it's definitely not on the 3rd coach. If bowness has lost the room, the room needs to change.  When they play how he wants, they win. With they revert back to Maurice Era hockey,  we lose. We playing Maurice Era hockey the last 10 games ish... 

When I saw our Eastern road trip, I just had a feeling this would happen. We don't seem to play up to the level of the better teams. That could be part of the problem.

15 hours ago, Noeller said:

Two weeks ago, Bowness was going to be Jack Adams winner. Now we're questioning if he's lost the room.... Yikes. 

It seems like the most fickle fans are also the noisiest - and the most ignorant.

This three-game slide has been pretty ugly to watch but they're still second in the division and only 3 pts. out of the lead. The Stars on a three-game slide, too.

The team is getting an extended - and seemingly much needed - break after tonight's game. That should be a good opportunity to rest up and reset for the final 30 games.

Wheeler mentioned the issue just last week: too much standing still. That speaks to a tired team, IMO.

Every team goes through these struggles. We just don't realize it cuz we aren't watching every other teams games. Jets had a tough schedule... basically the last 10 games were played In 2 weeks really... gonna tire everyone out. But I think they will turn it around. If not, it's time for on ice change.  Dubois guaranteed Montreal in 2024? Even if they don't have cap to pay him? 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Every team goes through these struggles. We just don't realize it cuz we aren't watching every other teams games. Jets had a tough schedule... basically the last 10 games were played In 2 weeks really... gonna tire everyone out. But I think they will turn it around. If not, it's time for on ice change.  Dubois guaranteed Montreal in 2024? Even if they don't have cap to pay him? 

In the weakest month of the year the Jets had 15 games. 9 wins 6 losses. It's been a long time since OT :D

Of the 6 losses 3 were against bad teams(DET, MTL, PHI).  I was expecting 12 wins myself.

EDM/COL have started up their playoff engines. 

41 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

In the weakest month of the year the Jets had 15 games. 9 wins 6 losses. It's been a long time since OT :D

Of the 6 losses 3 were against bad teams(DET, MTL, PHI).  I was expecting 12 wins myself.

EDM/COL have started up their playoff engines. 

I can't take you serious because you thought they would be terrible. Arizona swept Toronto. "Bad teams' win against "good' teams all the time. 

For someone who thought they would suck, your expectations are not reality based