Random Jets News

41 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Per Illegal Curve...

The Bruins and Blue Jackets with a heavy presence at today’s Moose and Stars game. Each of these eastern organizations had a pair of representatives here in Winnipeg including Columbus GM Jarmo Kekalainen.

🤔

HNIC was talking about the interest in Jansen Harkins and how “he tears it up when he plays on the AHL” (a bit of an exaggeration IMO), but he may be on the radar for teams looking for playoff depth. 

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

HNIC was talking about the interest in Jansen Harkins and how “he tears it up when he plays on the AHL” (a bit of an exaggeration IMO), but he may be on the radar for teams looking for playoff depth. 

Didn’t he have to clear waivers the last time he was sent down?  No one was interested then.

He may get a call up though, if AJF is injured from that shot block tonight.

Fwiw, someone told me yesterday that the reason teams didn't pick him up off waivers was because of the contract....? If they'd picked him up off waivers, he'd have to be paid his NHL $$ but if they get him from the Moose then it's cheaper....?? AHL $$ or some such.... I don't know enough to know enough but that's one of my hockey nerd buddies talking... 

On 2023-01-23 at 9:46 AM, Noeller said:

Fwiw, someone told me yesterday that the reason teams didn't pick him up off waivers was because of the contract....? If they'd picked him up off waivers, he'd have to be paid his NHL $$ but if they get him from the Moose then it's cheaper....?? AHL $$ or some such.... I don't know enough to know enough but that's one of my hockey nerd buddies talking... 

Harkins might have signed a 2 way deal. Someone did. He's making nhl minimum pretty much