Random Jets News

When Nate Schmidt says having no captain coming into this season 'caught their attention', I'm wondering what this really means (not the scripted athlete answers) in the locker room and to team cohesion knowing it may be different per player.

What's the end goal here with Bowness doing this and how does this change help support Chevy's statement about us being a playoff team.

Sorry I don't have access to the freep to get my answers.

18 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

When Nate Schmidt says having no captain coming into this season 'caught their attention', I'm wondering what this really means (not the scripted athlete answers) in the locker room and to team cohesion knowing it may be different per player.

What's the end goal here with Bowness doing this and how does this change help support Chevy's statement about us being a playoff team.

Sorry I don't have access to the freep to get my answers.

Well 26 is neither C nor A. Most vet player and last years captain not worthy of even an A? Suspect he will be moved. Thats my 5 cents and i like 26.

Reading the reports with no indication the Jets are interested, why would the Jets not be seriously involved in talks for Jakob Chychrun?

Is it Winnipeg is of no interest to him or vice versa?

I'm sure there is some intelligent reason (s) why, that an armchair GM like me wouldn't know but c'mon. Standing pat on making this team better that didn't make the playoffs last year relies heavily on the the pieces are there, they just need to produce more' approach.

I'm obviously in denial on what this team wants to achieve this year.

3 hours ago, JCon said:

Have to think this how it's going to play out, with Kovacevic and Capobianco being sent down through waivers. Maybe Toninato instead. Can't anyone else being risked. 

Toninato,Harkins meh...the rest you can't risk...I like Harkins but he just isn't physical enough to add anything new to the team.

Perhaps we see a trade. But I'd assume both kovy and copacabana clear waivers. Toninato and Harkins likely do also. 

Keep up everyone else. Go 2 extra D for now plus 1 extra forward (think Toni Is that guy because of his ability to play both c and w) Saku don't require waivers but probably should make the team. Maybe you put Barron if he's not ready or Stanley or Samberg on IR

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Oh wow so why is he leaving then ?   What's the real story?

Little bit of lives in Russia and supports putin and a little bit of #3 on Moose depth chart. He's signing to play in the khl. 

Edited by Goalie