Random Jets News

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Mcgroarty ineligible cuz ncaa 

Same reason kc trouba and other ncaa players never participated 

You can watch on Jets youtube 

NCAA players can attend the summer camp but are in school now and taking classes. The NCAA does not permit them to miss classes. They'll also be with their college team. 

Just now, Geebrr said:

JoMo is the only one that deserves the letter at this point. 

Our Captain (who I actually love) has asked for a trade, and Scheifele (who I also love) has been pouty for a good year.

That can’t be your leadership group 

Lowry, man...... born to be a Captain. 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Not if you believe the rumours that have been floating around. That aside, when the Captain has to lean on the group to say they need to be better, who will respond to a guy who had 21 points on a $3.25 million contract last year, and whose daddy they didn’t play hard for?

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

10000000000%

Him and PLD were captains of team Canada at last years world championship.  I understand why they don't want to get PLD a letter, especially if he doesn't intend to stay here long term... Lowry is such a heart and soul guy he's deserving of it.

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

This past off season. How did you miss that? 

Do you have a source for that? Could not find anything in Google, other than all the media articles or Twitter saying he SHOULD be traded, or WILL be traded. Those requests came from disgruntled fans, not Wheeler himself, from what I read. But I may have missed something. 

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I don’t know what rumours you are referring to.

Lowry’s dad isn’t here anymore and I am not sure what his salary has to do with anything? 

He does everything for the Jets and is highly respected 

The same rumours that were swirling around Scheifele. Lowry’s salary is brought up when looking at his performance. He underperformed last year compared to the value of his contract, in many eyes. You need more than 20 points and third/fourth line production for the money he is making, even if he can win faceoffs. Respect aside, there is a reason teams make their best players captains - so that when they demand more from their teammates they can defend themselves against the “yeah, who are YOU to say that?” blowback with solid underlying numbers and game production. 

30 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Do you have a source for that? Could not find anything in Google, other than all the media articles or Twitter saying he SHOULD be traded, or WILL be traded. Those requests came from disgruntled fans, not Wheeler himself, from what I read. But I may have missed something. 

It is pretty easy to deduce.

The respected hockey media guys didn’t get it from nowhere. He has the most control over where he gets traded this last year. 

Now the C is gone.

I’m sure it is all a coincidence.

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The same rumours that were swirling around Scheifele. Lowry’s salary is brought up when looking at his performance. He underperformed last year compared to the value of his contract, in many eyes. You need more than 20 points and third/fourth line production for the money he is making, even if he can win faceoffs. Respect aside, there is a reason teams make their best players captains - so that when they demand more from their teammates they can defend themselves against the “yeah, who are YOU to say that?” blowback with solid underlying numbers and game production. 

He plays probably 12 minutes a game and half of it is on the PK. 

What numbers are you looking for offensively? 

I haven’t seen anybody I would consider a legit opinion say he has underperformed. Who are they? 

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

It is pretty easy to deduce.

The respected hockey media guys didn’t get it from nowhere. He has the most control over where he gets traded this last year. 

Now the C is gone.

I’m sure it is all a coincidence.

The team looking to move him (which they acknowledged last season) and him asking for a trade are very different things.  Even submitting a list of teams (which he was required to do as of July 1 when his full no-move lapsed) is different than asking outright for a trade. You said he asked for a trade, and wondered how I possibly could have missed it during the off-season. Now you admit you have no quote of source but are “deducing” it. Again, the team looking to move him and him asking are very different things. Please don’t lump him in the Evander Kane/Jacob Trouba/ Patrick Laine disgruntled group.