Random Jets News

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Pasta gets paid 6.75 per or so. We can afford him.  I wouldn't do it tho as Scheif is worth more, he's a center and wants to Win. Think his PC was a little bit overblown 

Which way do you feel about Schefiele because during the season it was an onslaught of posts criticizing and wanting him traded.  Just a quick sampling of some of your posts towards the end of last season.   There are many more like these.

I was on Wheeler. He's played well. I was pissed with helle and his comments but hes played excellent recently. 

Scheifele? Did u miss the part where his stupidity = 2 leaf goals? If you think 55 is trying his hardest like Blake Helle Apples hell Even Barron tonight, you are insane. He's checked out.  He's as good as done as a Jet. He's the guy they will be trading. Take Blake away from him and Blake gets better,  Mark stays the same. 

Scheifele needs to go. He obviously doesn't give a **** anymore. Attitude and defensive play is just garbage. Should be benched but in the off season  he needs to be traded. 

Scheifele needs to go. He's just very lazy. Its amazing how much he's changed for the worse. Kid was all effort all the time, now you dont get the effort half the time.

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

Which way do you feel about Schefiele because during the season it was an onslaught of posts criticizing and wanting him traded.  Just a quick sampling of some of your posts towards the end of last season.   There are many more like these.

He does need to be better. If we are playing this game we can go and do the same for everyone. Opinions change as we as fans are not privy to all the actual facts. A month back everyone was saying he needs to go,( tsn and sportsnet too) things change.  

we have a preseason schedule also from the Jets facebook page the pre-season scheDule is here! six gAmes against famiLiar foEs.

Circle October 1️⃣ on your calendar — it's set to be a special night!

May be an image of ‎text that says '‎SUN SEP 25 5PM ROGERS PLACE TUE SEP 27 7PM CANADA LIFE CENTRE THU SEP 29 6PM BELL CENTRE SAT OCT 7PM CANADALIFE CENTRE SEASO TICKET MEMBER APPRECIATIO GAME ELEASSION PRE SEOS PRESEASON OILERS বাদসস) SON 2022 >י CC WED OCT 2022 2022 2023 2023 אל 7PM CANADA LIFE CENTRE FRI OCT 8PM SCOTIABANK SADDLEDOME‎'‎

October 1st will definitley be worth watching

WINNIPEG, June 23, 2022 - The Winnipeg Jets announced today the club's six-game pre-season schedule for the upcoming 2022-23 NHL season.

The Jets open their pre-season with a visit to Edmonton on Sunday, Sept. 25 against the Oilers. The first home date of the calendar features the Ottawa Senators at Canada Life Centre on Tuesday, Sept. 27. Winnipeg then travels to Quebec on Thursday, Sept. 29 where they face the Montreal Canadiens at the Bell Centre. 

The Jets' pre-season slate is highlighted by their first annual Season Ticket Member Appreciation Game on Saturday, Oct. 1 vs. Edmonton. Season Ticket Members will have access to exclusive benefits and experiences, including the chance to sing the national anthem and be a guest PA Announcer (contests for these opportunities and more to follow this summer). Members will also receive special deals on food & beverage and merchandise throughout the game. There will be one Season Ticket Member grand prize awarded per period, including a trip for two to a 2022-23 regular season road game. 

Prior to the Oct. 1 game, the Dale Hawerchuk statue will be officially unveiled in a special ceremony in True North Square. The ceremony will include members of the Hawerchuk family, Winnipeg Jets alumni and other special guests. All fans attending the Oct. 1 game will receive a Dale Hawerchuk coin to commemorate the unveiling. Hawerchuk passed away on August 18, 2020 after a courageous battle with cancer.

The pre-season finishes with a home-and-home against the Calgary Flames: the first game is on Wednesday, Oct. 5 at Canada Life Centre, before the Jets travel to Calgary for a Friday, Oct. 7 meeting at Scotiabank Saddledome.

All Jets pre-season home games at Canada Life Centre have a game time of 7:00 p.m. CT.

Edited by iHeart

Don't like hearing guys are hinting they may be moving on....What the hell is going on here???..This club was close to a perennial winner....one of the top goal tenders in the league...and now we have trouble with guys wanting to stay....Something ain't right and if there's a toxic situation with someone higher up with the club ...fix it......We have rumours of Trotz signing here as our new guy behind the bench....How is this announcement of players wanting out a welcoming scenario,,,,The announcement that Trotz is official (hopefully) can't come soon enough and may be/should be enough to put a better light on the organization and steady the ship.....Here's hoping

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Pasta gets paid 6.75 per or so. We can afford him.  I wouldn't do it tho as Scheif is worth more, he's a center and wants to Win. Think his PC was a little bit overblown 

I think Pasta contract needs to be renewed this year or next so that is the afford part. Does he want to come here that seems to be the more important part for the Jets as well nowadays.  Not just the Jets but all small market teams are getting killed by the player's focus on money and big city(or great climate) amenities. Go someplace where you can play hockey and golf  year-round.

Edited by bb1

22 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

So why do I expect him to take a job elsewhere once a firing occurs mid-season this upcoming year?

Maybe he does want to concentrate on family......but for how long.....Coaches want to coach and it's in their blood....He would lose a lot of credibility if he jumped a coaching job midseason BUT he's calling the shots.....I wish he would have given the Jets a little more heads up sooner, before the coaching cupboard was almost cleaned out....He sure mulled things over long enough... There's still a few guys out there of interest I guess ....Jets better move on it....Disappointment all in all with this fan

Edited by Stickem

20 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

So why do I expect him to take a job elsewhere once a firing occurs mid-season this upcoming year?

I have no idea why your mind works the way it does.  Maybe he’ll miss coaching and be ready to get back into it midseason and an opportunity will present itself…. Maybe he’ll take a year or two off…. Maybe he’ll retire.  Who knows?  All we know is what is reported by Dregs… He’s not ready to jump back into coaching right now and how difficult it was to not take the Winnipeg job.  I’m taking it at face value.

I don't see the panic,   sometimes people just have enough money and want to enjoy it with their family and taking it easy.   I'm 41 and I'm already dreaming  of the days that I can retire and take it easy.  

I don't understand why TN = Something terrible because a guy wants to relax.  

24 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't see the panic,   sometimes people just have enough money and want to enjoy it with their family and taking it easy.   I'm 41 and I'm already dreaming  of the days that I can retire and take it easy.  

I don't understand why TN = Something terrible because a guy wants to relax.  

Because it is not an isolated incident.  Could be legit, and he just wants a break.  Could be something is rotten in the Jets dressing room or management structure if coaches leave instead of being fired, players questioning if they want to be here, to saying they won't sign long term.

Whatever is going on right now with the Jets, it isn't good.

There was an article about Trotz and his son,why it took him this long who knows. If there was a problem with Chevy and Maurice we never would of got as far as we did with our team in 17-18. This is a smallest market problem,that just keeps on getting worse because there are more options for players and coaches and unfortunately we come last. Blaming the Jets organization just overlooks the obvious.

1 minute ago, bb1 said:

There was an article about Trotz and his son,why it took him this long who knows. If there was a problem with Chevy and Maurice we never would of got as far as we did with our team in 17-18. This is a smallest market problem,that just keeps on getting worse because there are more options for players and coaches and unfortunately we come last. Blaming the Jets organization just overlooks the obvious.

100%