Random Jets News

Friedman says Vegas most likely to get him, but Philly will make a big push, too. Gotta think Winnipeg is back of the pack for destinations, unless there's some weird reason that he wants to be closer to Dauphin, but I can't imagine that would have much bearing. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Friedman says Vegas most likely to get him, but Philly will make a big push, too. Gotta think Winnipeg is back of the pack for destinations, unless there's some weird reason that he wants to be closer to Dauphin, but I can't imagine that would have much bearing. 

My guess, and it's purely a guess, is money won't be his number one closure. He's going to get a boat load of money no matter the team. 

Level of existing talent, locker room dynamics, how much challenge he wants to take on, having a huge say/influence in changes needed, autonomy to assemble his coaching staff and how he will coach and family input will drive where he goes.

There are those that think the Jets with a few tweaks still could make the playoffs this coming year and Trotz could be the guy to steer this core in the right direction for the next couple of years and then get bumped upstairs, it's possible but I have my doubts

Why would he go Vegas when they fire ppl yearly? Vegas makes the least sense to me and honestly they are old and overrated. Loyalty means nothing to them  Honestly if he wants stability and loyalty the Jets would likely be number 1. Maurice got damn near 10 years here  

The fact he interviewed suggests a mutual interest 

Edited by Goalie

Vegas is closer to winning a Cup, is what I've read, as for the Why. Also a possible connection/relationship between McCrimmon and Trotz. 

Having said that, STL beat reporter says Jets and Trotz the most likely outcome, for whatever that's worth. 

I can't think of a good reason for Trotz to come here. The leadership is horrible. The last coach had to fire himself. The "star" centre sounds like he wants to run the team or leave if he doesn't get what he wants. 

Trotz would be dynamite here.....would solve so many probs.....Top talent and a Manitoban AND interviewing today according to Friedman....gotta be some optimism .....I would say IF he gets the deal he wants from True North........hmmmmmm we may have our new guy behind the bench

12 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Trotz would be dynamite here.....would solve so many probs.....Top talent and a Manitoban AND interviewing today according to Friedman....gotta be some optimism .....I would say IF he gets the deal he wants from True North........hmmmmmm we may have our new guy behind the bench

Interviewed yesterday - today was in Philly. Sounds like Vegas still the most likely destination, but you never know til it's all said and done. 

On 2022-05-17 at 4:21 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

My guess, and it's purely a guess, is money won't be his number one closure. He's going to get a boat load of money no matter the team. 

Level of existing talent, locker room dynamics, how much challenge he wants to take on, having a huge say/influence in changes needed, autonomy to assemble his coaching staff and how he will coach and family input will drive where he goes.

Between Vegas,Philly,if Trotz wants a team with talent then it's Winnipeg. Top 10 goalie,tons of offensive fire power,just need Barry's expertise on defense. I honestly believe the Jets are a good coach away from being consistently dangerous for a few years.