Random Jets News

it just makes sense on so many levels, but there will be a ton of interest from around the league, and I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few teams were willing to can their current guy now that Trotzy is available. 

As much as I like the idea of Trotz, I'm not sure the entertainment factor would be there. D first teams are pretty boring to watch. 

I've heard he would prefer to stay out east tho... apparently he has a special needs son who requires extensive care. Not sure Winnipeg offers that. His wife and kids are priority number 1 in his life. There are other factors at play here. The special needs son who requires 24/7 care is a big one and I'm not sure Winnipeg can help with that. Maybe? Maybe not. I'm not gonna expect him cuz let's be real, he can pick the destination that works best for him and his family. His dad does still live in Dauphin tho so that might be a factor but, apparently out east they have what his son requires. 

Edited by Goalie

People setting themselves up for disappointment here. The sons needs are a huge factor  

Pretty much the most important one 

https://eyesonisles.com/2020/04/09/islanders-barry-trotz-bond-son/

No doubt being close to grampa would be a factor tho considering trotz mom passed away earlier this year. 

Jets can and should talk with him but honestly he's a multi millionaire who has a son who matters more to him than anything else. His sons priorities matter here, does Winnipeg offer what his son NEEDS and if it does, does Trotz wanna coach in Canada? 

Edited by Goalie

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

People setting themselves up for disappointment here. The sons needs are a huge factor  

Pretty much the most important one 

https://eyesonisles.com/2020/04/09/islanders-barry-trotz-bond-son/

No doubt being close to grampa would be a factor tho considering trotz mom passed away earlier this year. 

What a touching story and proves why he gets so much respect. A great father.

4 hours ago, iHeart said:

holy-grail-monty-python.gif

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

it just makes sense on so many levels, but there will be a ton of interest from around the league, and I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few teams were willing to can their current guy now that Trotzy is available. 

Can Trotz speak French? Montreal doesn't care, it's Trotz :D

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

that video just seems like a zoom chat that accidentally got recorded. Is that supposed to be a "podcast".....'cause, if so, it's the most bush league, low budget broadcast I've seen from so-called "professionals" ever.....

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

that video just seems like a zoom chat that accidentally got recorded. Is that supposed to be a "podcast".....'cause, if so, it's the most bush league, low budget broadcast I've seen from so-called "professionals" ever.....

Welcome to YouTube, I will be your guide on this mystical journey...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

So you're saying there's a niche for an actual professional version of this, eh.....? 

We use the term "professional" loosely about YouTube. 

There are definitely a lot better podcast/Youtube shows. But, the production value of this one is very high without a producer, apparently. 

Producers are overrated though, right? 

51 minutes ago, JCon said:

We use the term "professional" loosely

Fixed it.

formerly doctor, lawyer, architect, dentist.

now..... eavestrough, or carpet, is cleaned by a "professional"

Edited by Mark F

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

I wonder if you move Chevy to hockey ops/ gm and trotz to ops and asst gm down the line or now and fix upper management of the team. 

There is talk that he wants to move out of coaching and into management .Maybe they can cook up something like that. A deal that makes him coach / management for a couple of years then shift to management after that.

He solves alot of issues here. I've moved fully into the  " it's time to move Sheif " camp but if Trotz was coming here I would give him the choice if he wants Sheif here. I think the hiring of Trotz would re- inspire both the players and more importantly the fans.  But there is a long list of teams lining up to hire him.