Random Jets News

On 2022-05-02 at 11:34 AM, GCn20 said:

Paul Maurice lost the room, but when he had it he was as good as any coach in the NHL. It is revisionist history to base his entire tenure on his last season and a half. EVERY coach loses their room eventually. Even O'Shea will.

Bud Grant never did in Winnipeg.

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

His teams went 7-9 in 1963 and 1-14-1 in 1964, so at some point even he did in some way. 

And they went 11-5 & got to the Grey Cup in 1965 & 8-7-1 in 1966 good for second place in the West. Injuries & retirements had more to do with the team going 7-9 in 1963 as well as  having a 1-14-1 record in 1964. Grant was able to bring the team back when everyone thought they were finished. He hadn't lost the locker room yet. Eight winning seasons in ten. His voice was still heard.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Bud Grant never did in Winnipeg.

No...but had he stayed longer he probably would have. Different time and different era too. Athletes these days are a little more, how shall i put it...spoiled.

Edited by GCn20

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

And by proven you mean in the regular season only. Hard pass on hockey's Elmer Fudd.

He wouldn't be my top choice either to be honest but I'd take him over Carlyle arniel or other former true North related coaches 

On 2022-05-03 at 6:08 AM, GCn20 said:

Exactly. That being said he got great value out of many extensions he signed players too.

For sure. A lot of people hated the style of Maurice's coaching but he was an effective HC of a small market team.

Hi KBF, I can't get into the incidents on a public forum but I'd be glad to PM you.

Sure, fire away!

Friedman at this point is just guessing and has been for some time. Murat Ates is way more credible than Friedman especially in this market. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some trades this off season (scheif Dillon to name a couple)(maybe pionk and or Demelo even and someone else)  because insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

I don't think they go former true North reject as coach either. 

Schmidt? Just bought a house here. Doesn't mean much but... that's a tough contract to trade plus he looked solid with Heinola. 

Edited by Goalie

Umm get on that Winnipeg 

However he will be Paid 4 million this year for doing nothing and rumor is he might be looking for a gm job. 

Maurice got paid 3 million per so make it happen 

Edited by Goalie

It's insane that the Isles would let him go, and a complete miracle for Chevy that this even happened. I wonder if Trotzy doesn't wait out the summer to see how many jobs come open and then take the highest bid. He'll be in high demand, no question. I hope the Jets pay him every penny he wants and then some. 

Saw a press conference with Lightning head coach.... Cooper?  

he said his focus is always on defence..... making sure everyone helps out with defence, and knows how to do that.

Gretsky, on panel, agreed.

Edited by Mark F