Random Jets News

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Paul Maurice lost the room, but when he had it he was as good as any coach in the NHL. It is revisionist history to base his entire tenure on his last season and a half. EVERY coach loses their room eventually. Even O'Shea will.

Gasp Shock GIF - Gasp Shock Surprised - Discover & Share GIFs

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Totally agree. Getting the vast majority of our star players to sign extensions at reasonable contract levels is yeoman's work on his part.

There is a culture problem in the locker room and it is 100% on the players. There were incidents that took place a couple years ago that shook that room to the core and it is 100% in the locker room and involving players.

What incidents were those?

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

Yup,where do you think Fa want to go ,Florida or Manitoba? 

They could compromise and live in Miami MB....

So anyone want to venture a guess on who replaces Beyak?

4 hours ago, bb1 said:

Like to see Stastny back but only for the right price, Sanford meh,Brooks same.Comrie played well. Dubois of course, Apple. Svech not fast enough imo, Harkins definitely.

yeah I don't think Brooks and Sanford made enough of an impact from my point of view, and let's be fair we got Apples back kind of late in the season (so of course he hasn't gotten last year's momentum back)

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

So coach options... I'll start 

Pascal Vincent - makes most sense. 

Todd Woodcroft NCAA coach,  was a Jets assistant a few years back 

Brad Barry from UND. I just like UND. 

Brad Berry ...pass ,was a very soft defenseman for the Jets couldn't bodycheck his way out of a paper bag....

2 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

My vote would be Brian Munz.   

I just hope no consideration was given to Edmonds or Hextall.  

Please, please, please, not Edmonds.  He is completely intolerable.  I doubt they’d go with Hextall, but I’d be okay with her… I think she’ll only get better with more experience.

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

So coach options... I'll start 

Pascal Vincent - makes most sense. 

Todd Woodcroft NCAA coach,  was a Jets assistant a few years back 

Brad Barry from UND. I just like UND. 

Vincent and woodcroft would be bad choices,  i think. Very on brand choices for tnse. But not flashy enough.  Chevy doesn't necessarily have to hit a home run with his head coach hire. But, in order to survive another down season, he does have to look like he tried to. I think he has to go outside his comfort zone here.

Rickard Gronberg is interesting and has an interesting approach to coaching that may work with this group. 

Lane lambert is the guy ppl say is ready,  trotz assistant In long Island 

St Louis asst Jim Montgomery also is an interesting name 

Edited by Goalie

19 hours ago, bb1 said:

The thing you guys are missing is that Chevy is always behind 99 % of the other Gm because of our market. We have to overpay and give longer term.

Exactly. That being said he got great value out of many extensions he signed players too.

17 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Abysmal is an exaggeration. Maurice coached the Jets for 601 games and posted a 315-224-62 record (.576 win%). 

For sure. A lot of people hated the style of Maurice's coaching but he was an effective HC of a small market team.

17 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Gasp Shock GIF - Gasp Shock Surprised - Discover & Share GIFs

What incidents were those?

They could compromise and live in Miami MB....

So anyone want to venture a guess on who replaces Beyak?

Hi KBF, I can't get into the incidents on a public forum but I'd be glad to PM you.

I personally think Chevy has done a good job so far. His next move will be make it or break it for him though. Paul Maurice was an excellent hire but he was here a bit too long and the players started ruling the roost and now the locker room needs a coach that can reign that back in. Who he hires will be a big factor as to whether Chevy gets to finish his contract imo. We have an excellent team on paper, but Maurice let the players sort too much stuff out on their own without intervention and it went off the rails. Especially after a particularly locker room dividing incident took place he did nothing and now the locker room is in disarray.

Sounds like Paul let it get out of control. No accountability for Mark or Blake most nights but guys like ehlers were thrown under the bus. That was an issue  He did bench mark for 1 period but seemed like that backfired hard. Good coach who was here probably 2 years 2 long. Is that on Chevy or Chipman tho. The murat article makes it seem maybe Chipman got to involved on the hockey side of things and let his personal feelings interfere with the business side. 

Starting to think someone spoke up maybe buff maybe Laine and an argument happened and yup, here we are. 55 and 26 definitely got preferential treatment. 

If you break it down, something happened In 2018 19 and its been festering since. What? I dunno but surely the preferential treatment of certain players who could do no wrong played a role. 

55 has become a very cocky person who seemingly can't take criticism.  Paul talked of statues of mark tho and blew smoke up his ass so can u blame him? Wheels was known as a hardass leader, but seems to have mellowed and atleast was talking about us we the team at his year end but mark was all about mark and that's a problem and honestly I'm not sure it can be fixed. 

They played a fun style on their conference finals run that suited their skills  but then switched it up after losing to St Louis the next year, probably around then. Buff left shortly after. Laine gone not long after, little to injury, losing both buff and little, 2 respected veterans,  that hurt them too. 

Edited by Goalie

17 hours ago, Goldkobra said:

Vincent and woodcroft would be bad choices,  i think. Very on brand choices for tnse. But not flashy enough.  Chevy doesn't necessarily have to hit a home run with his head coach hire. But, in order to survive another down season, he does have to look like he tried to. I think he has to go outside his comfort zone here.

What are reasonable expectations specifically for Chevy next year?

I would think making post season would be one of them. If the Jets don't make the post season next year, that can't only fall on the shoulders of his next hire imo.  

5 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What are reasonable expectations specifically for Chevy next year?

I would think making post season would be one of them. If the Jets don't make the post season next year, that can't only fall on the shoulders of his next hire imo.  

Circumstances play a role. He's got 4 years left since he had 1 left still, doubt he goes anywhere honestly 

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yea I get that but sometimes people can be let go with years remaining on their contract.

I just don't see it. I'll judge him on his actions. Thought Schmidt and Dillon were solid moves, never knew mark was a pompous ass and never thought Maurice would quit. Tough year,  covid at times, injuries to ehlers perfetti and even wheels and Scheifele.  Helle not as good, d structure non existint.  Was beyond time for change.  I'm ok seeing what Chevy does. This season feels like a dressing room issue,  hopefully he fixes it. 

Edited by Goalie

15 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I just don't see it. I'll judge him on his actions. Thought Schmidt and Dillon were solid moves, never knew mark was a pompous ass and never thought Maurice would quit. Tough year,  covid at times, injuries to ehlers perfetti and even wheels and Scheifele.  Helle not as good, d structure non existint.  Was beyond time for change.  I'm ok seeing what Chevy does. This season feels like a dressing room issue,  hopefully he fixes it. 

Fair enough. I just think this might be his last mulligan if things remain the same or regress next year. Eventually the buck has to stop at him.

35 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Fair enough. I just think this might be his last mulligan if things remain the same or regress next year. Eventually the buck has to stop at him.

Agree there. I think this will likely be his last meat shield.