Random Jets News

So for those who don't have access to the site here are some highlights...

"People think you’re just donating to a far-right movement, overthrowing the government. It has nothing to do with that. "

"He admitted to consuming information on both sides of the political spectrum, including outlets such as Rebel News and Fox News’ Tucker Carlson,"

I think JH went to far though on one part listing his lifetime earnings or where he lives. Was not needed.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So for those who don't have access to the site here are some highlights...

"People think you’re just donating to a far-right movement, overthrowing the government. It has nothing to do with that. "

"He admitted to consuming information on both sides of the political spectrum, including outlets such as Rebel News and Fox News’ Tucker Carlson,"

I think JH went to far though on one part listing his lifetime earnings or where he lives. Was not needed.

Tucker Carlson??  Tucker ******* Carlson?!!!! That guy might be the biggest asshat that has ever lived.  Nothing he spouts can be considered ‘information’.

Just now, Noeller said:

but he's also right in this case....

Because one player on the team chose to be misinformed and throw money at a shitty cause...?

That's not a reasonable take at all. Paul Stastny made a really bad decision but what's to be accomplished by painting his teammates with the same brush, much less extrapolating that judgment over the span of three ******* decades?

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Because one player on the team chose to be misinformed and throw money at a shitty cause...?

That's not a reasonable take at all. Paul Stastny made a really bad decision but what's to be accomplished by painting his teammates with the same brush, much less extrapolating that judgment over the span of three ******* decades?

Wiecek's point isn't that this Jets organization is full of bad people. He's saying that, over the last 30 years, there's been a lot of assholes within a Jets locker room. Bobby Hull is just for starters....then Tkachuk....who knows how many others that AREN'T famously bad? 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Wiecek's point isn't that this Jets organization is full of bad people. He's saying that, over the last 30 years, there's been a lot of assholes within a Jets locker room. Bobby Hull is just for starters....then Tkachuk....who knows how many others that AREN'T famously bad? 

You forgot the one and only Evander Double Down Kane

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Bobby Hull, while he is a giant turd, wasn't here in 1992. Morever, the Jets weren't even here for roughly half of that period (1996-2011), so that further muddles whatever moronic point he's trying to make. He also purposefully brings up the fact he covered crimes as a journalist, in what seems like some weak attempt to further denigrate the pro athletes he covered with whom he never seemed to get along.

Wiecek consistently enjoyed stirring the pot with athletes here during his time as a journalist, and that reputation became well-known in the fish bowl that is the professional sports landscape of Winnipeg.

I guess my point is Wiecek chiming in doesn't accomplish anything but reinforce his biases he had while he was still an active member of the sports journalism community here.

EDIT: Wiecek didn't even become a sports writer until 1998 (https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/biographies/306293291.html) and covered the Jets 2.0 for all of seven seasons. Solid misrepresentation on his part, albeit consistent with how he operates.

Edited by blue_gold_84
content added

18 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Bobby Hull, while he is a giant turd, wasn't here in 1992. Morever, the Jets weren't even here for roughly half of that period (1996-2011), so that further muddles whatever moronic point he's trying to make. He also purposefully brings up the fact he covered crimes as a journalist, in what seems like some weak attempt to further denigrate the pro athletes he covered with whom he never seemed to get along.

Wiecek consistently enjoyed stirring the pot with athletes here during his time as a journalist, and that reputation became well-known in the fish bowl that is the professional sports landscape of Winnipeg.

I guess my point is Wiecek chiming in doesn't accomplish anything but reinforce his biases he had while he was still an active member of the sports journalism community here.

EDIT: Wiecek didn't even become a sports writer until 1998 (https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/biographies/306293291.html) and covered the Jets 2.0 for all of seven seasons. Solid misrepresentation on his part, albeit consistent with how he operates.

Re-read what he wrote... In 30 years of journalism, including 10 of those years in crime, some of the worst people he met were in the Jets locker room.  The amount of time he was doing sports is never mentioned, just that there were some really bad people on the team at some point in time through his 30 years as a journalist.

22 minutes ago, Sard said:

Re-read what he wrote... In 30 years of journalism, including 10 of those years in crime, some of the worst people he met were in the Jets locker room.  The amount of time he was doing sports is never mentioned, just that there were some really bad people on the team at some point in time through his 30 years as a journalist.

Yeah, that's my bad for not reading it correctly. I was admittedly incensed by that agonistic tweet yesterday. I still don't get him chiming in and he's still a piece of ****, IMO.

On 2022-03-01 at 11:15 AM, Noeller said:

absolutely 100% done with Stastny....goodbye, good riddance.....

Just another great example to not assume someone who is highly skilled in one craft (in this case hockey) is probably skilled in another craft (in this case critical thinking). He’s an self entitled knuckle dragging rich boy who happens to be really good at hockey but unfortunately for him that’s fading fast as well. Trade him away for a late round draft pick and never speak of his name again. 

• 2 weeks later...