Random Jets News

28 minutes ago, Goalie said:

To be fair Chipman is a long time bomber fan and season ticket holder 

I didn't know that and had always wondered his feelings toward WBB FC. Everything I've ever read about him suggested this might be true. Really glad to hear it. 

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

I didn't know that and had always wondered his feelings toward WBB FC. Everything I've ever read about him suggested this might be true. Really glad to hear it. 

Chipman played university football in North Dakota and was in a Bombers training camp in the early 80s.  

Never made the team though. 

1 minute ago, BomberBall said:

With Berdin being called up, Vesalainen gets sent down.  Is that because he’s the only one that can go down without clearing waivers?  What about Toninato or Nash?  We have enough centers.

I'd assume it's likely waivers exempt but... maybe the money savings is at play here. Jets really need to move a contract for a pick to get some space 

They have like 800 bucks in cap. It's not that but damn near 

16 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

With Berdin being called up, Vesalainen gets sent down.  Is that because he’s the only one that can go down without clearing waivers?  What about Toninato or Nash?  We have enough centers.

He's the only one that does not need to clear waivers. He'll back on the roster tomorrow when Berdin goes back down. 

52 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Winnipeg born. Amazing actually believe Jim slater was the first to have a child born here 

Named her Wynn 

I remember this cuz Jim's wife was good friends with a mutual friend. 

What about Chris Mason didn't his wife give birth around the same time that the first season started? Unless Slater's wife gave birth before the season started

15 hours ago, JCon said:

Count me among those who have no idea what to make of any of it. Cheveldayoff has dodged a bullet here, IMO.

All eyes on him, Chipman, and this organization now to emerge from this as a collective and committed leader in fixing what is wrong and putting an end to what is so sickeningly rotten within hockey culture.

Edited by blue_gold_84

They gonna run 12 forwards and 6 D for a few games maybe now. 

As for Chevy and Chipman... Chipman obviously very effected by it as he was quite emotional.. Chevy seemed genuinely upset also.. some interesting tips bits.. both found out this past summer it was Kyle Beach.  Both Chevy and Chipman have been unfortunately victims or family or friends of previous victims.. 

I like the Sheldon Kennedy talk and I like the Chipman promise to use his power to change the systemic problems.  Chipper has some say for sure