Random Jets News

9 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Again, catering to the networks. The Toronto-Montreal series starts Thursday so they get the prime Saturday night HNIC spot for game 2. And both series have back-to-back games for games 3 and 4 so that Toronto-Montreal gets the next Saturday night if game 6 happens, and the best possible time to go back-to-back would be consecutive home games, and it seems that games 3 and 4 were chosen over games 1 and 2. Just answering the questions since you keep asking “why?”. So yes it is avoidable and yes it caters to the Toronto-Montreal TV markets more than Winnipeg because of demographics and it may suck on a personal emotional level to be treated as a lesser market, but the cold hard reality is that is exactly what Winnipeg is. 

Yes but how do you explain the Leafs sucking?

Yes I know, it's an unhealthy grudge.

Go Habs.

17 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Has it been determined yet whether hes eligible for another year @ OHL?

Undetermined at this point, as far as I can tell. The NHL/CHL need to figure out a few things. 

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

https://www.tsn.ca/chicago-blackhawks-duncan-keith-discussing-trade-1.1662400

Western Canada is on Keith's radar.   Would you guys want him on the Jets?

I've got a buddy that's a diehard Hawks fan and was asking me about this. I just don't know... 10 years ago, he was the best D in the league, but he's 38 now with a LOT of hard miles. I'm sure he can still play, but what kinda contract?? 

On 2021-07-06 at 2:10 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Winnipeg Jets Tweet: #NHLJets have agreed to terms with forward Dominic Toninato on a two-year contract with an average annual value of $750,000.

Thompson and Lewis can't be far behind 🤣

Seems like an expansion eligible player at forward. The contract is 2 way this year.. 1 way next.  Odd. Almost like Seattle can't have 31 roster players  

Lewis or Perreault.. pick one. There's your grit. Thompson done