Random Jets News

If the going rate for pay/points is $100,000 per point, then this deal is fair and in fact a deal. To land a 6’5” centre with decent faceoff skills, grit, and who is solid defenseivly and and draw in against a top line as a shutdown forward, this becomes a very good deal.
The only downside is that  now we can’t play the shell game in the expansion draft where he remained exposed to protect both Copp and Appleton and then did a back door free agent signing with us afterwards. We are now obliged to protect him and that good contract. Of course, no guarantee that it would play out the other way if he hit the open market. His dad coming here to coach secured his tenure here. 

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

It would be nice if someone could give us a little insight as to how he looked.  Being on the ice is one thing, but how he was moving around, how he was shooting, etc, is much more important.

This is how he looked but with a yellow jersey and a helmet.

nikolaj-ehlers-2019-6378.jpg

Sorry, long night and not much sleep. ;)

8 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Back half of the North division double header, that’s why the late start. 

Yeah, I know why they did it, but why couldn’t they start the Leafs - Habs game earlier?  The Jets and their fans always seem to get the short end of this stick.

8 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Yeah, I know why they did it, but why couldn’t they start the Leafs - Habs game earlier?  The Jets and their fans always seem to get the short end of this stick.

If the Jets game started at 5:00 pm local time as you are suggesting the Leafs-Habs game could, would you not not say that that too was the short end of the stick? And surprise, Ontario and Quebec and their 22.5 million population gets preference over Manitoba and their 1.35 million. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If the Jets game started at 5:00 pm local time as you are suggesting the Leafs-Habs game could, would you not not say that that too was the short end of the stick? And surprise, Ontario and Quebec and their 22.5 million population gets preference over Manitoba and their 1.35 million. 

I understand the difference in viewing audiences.  I just think it sucks.  And why do both Canadian games have to be on the same damn day?  It seems avoidable, but whatever.

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

I understand the difference in viewing audiences.  I just think it sucks.  And why do both Canadian games have to be on the same damn day?  It seems avoidable, but whatever.

Again, catering to the networks. The Toronto-Montreal series starts Thursday so they get the prime Saturday night HNIC spot for game 2. And both series have back-to-back games for games 3 and 4 so that Toronto-Montreal gets the next Saturday night if game 6 happens, and the best possible time to go back-to-back would be consecutive home games, and it seems that games 3 and 4 were chosen over games 1 and 2. Just answering the questions since you keep asking “why?”. So yes it is avoidable and yes it caters to the Toronto-Montreal TV markets more than Winnipeg because of demographics and it may suck on a personal emotional level to be treated as a lesser market, but the cold hard reality is that is exactly what Winnipeg is.