Random Jets News

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

For anyone wanting to read up on Pionk's university graduation, it's a gooder.

https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/pionk-fulfills-a-family-promise-by-finishing-his-university-degree/c-321805580

Seems like an all-around fantastic person. Glad he's a Jet.

Yes he's everything Trouba could have been.

I think the Jets need to look at replacing a few players IMO, Beauliu (sp), Matt Perreau, Bryan Little should retire, and I would look to trade Hellebuyk this off-season. Like John Huffnagel says, it is better to trade a player a year to early than a year to late. The Jets could get something good for him right now after his Vezina season. I just don't think the Jets can win the cup with Hellebuyk in net. He is just to iffy for me, you seem to hold your breath with every shot he faces and his puck handling skills are lacking. Maybe they could swing some sort of deal with Mtl to get Price.

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

I think the Jets need to look at replacing a few players IMO, Beauliu (sp), Matt Perreau, Bryan Little should retire, and I would look to trade Hellebuyk this off-season. Like John Huffnagel says, it is better to trade a player a year to early than a year to late. The Jets could get something good for him right now after his Vezina season. I just don't think the Jets can win the cup with Hellebuyk in net. He is just to iffy for me, you seem to hold your breath with every shot he faces and his puck handling skills are lacking. Maybe they could swing some sort of deal with Mtl to get Price.

You’re worried about trading a guy too late and you want to work a deal to get Price?  You know he’s 33, right?

4 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

You’re worried about trading a guy too late and you want to work a deal to get Price?  You know he’s 33, right?

Plus he is making 10.5m for a few more years, nobody on the Jets will be making that in the near future, ex Jet Laine knows that first hand

4 hours ago, Horseman said:

Unless you mean Vincent Price, I don't know what you are talking about.  Carey Price is still a pretty good goalie, but that contract makes him trade kryptonite right now.  No GM in their right mind would ever take that contract on.  I agree that Helle has his off nights but I still think his best years are ahead of him.  Goalies usually just start hitting their prime around Helle's age.   

Trade the best goaltender in the world because you want to get as much for him as you can. Get the absolute **** out of here. This is why you can't have nice things... You don't appreciate what you have. Every team in the league would kill to have Helle. What a ******* terrible post. 

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Trade the best goaltender in the world because you want to get as much for him as you can. Get the absolute **** out of here. This is why you can't have nice things... You don't appreciate what you have. Every team in the league would kill to have Helle. What a ******* terrible post. 

Yup Vezina says hi.

Randomly associated thought: If the Olys were right now, who would be Canada's starter? Finland and USA have the best goaltending right now, and oddly Canada isn't the factory it once was. 

MAF starting with Chris Driedger backing up and maybe Carter Hart or Jordan Binnington as 3rd string? 

25 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Trading Helle for Price it's like trading him for his older self.

Price reminds me of Luongo at his peak with the Canucks, his stats normally looked absolutely stellar but it was because he'd simply put the entire team on his back to win games and stop 35+ shots to win games. At this point in his career, Price is a shell of what he once was, trading one-for-one like that would be a huge loss for the Jets. To be honest, I can't think at this point what Montreal could even offer that would be worth our while, besides a boatload of draft picks. Even then, that'd really only be beneficial if we were in a rebuilding phase, so... right now? Hard pass.

On 2021-02-27 at 1:52 PM, Horseman said:

This comment's aging like fine milk.

On 2021-02-27 at 12:52 PM, Horseman said:

boat trolling on water slowely

Edited by SpeedFlex27