Random Jets News

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

From Pierre Lebrun on Twitter:

``Pierre-Luc is excited and looking forward to join the Jets. This could been a longer process. Happy it's done. Looking positively ahead.''

What does that mean, this could be a longer process? Like signing an extension?

I think it was supposed to be ‘could’ve’ been...

22 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

``Pierre-Luc is excited and looking forward to join the Jets. This could been a longer process. Happy it's done. Looking positively ahead.''

well won't it be longer anyway since he'll have to quarantine when he arrives?

34 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Just face it ...Laine wanted out for some reason....and it's not like we're getting scraps for the guy

I totally agree. My rational side says this is a good deal on both sides but my heart wishes he wanted to be here and score 50 goals a season. 

3 minutes ago, iHeart said:

well won't it be longer anyway since he'll have to quarantine when he arrives?

14 days. He'll miss 7 games. 

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Jets retained salary on Laine, according to Frank Seravalli, which makes a questionable deal worse. Feels like a big overpay by the Jets... 

26% to make the deal work. No biggie because it comes out of Thompson's pocket. We don't need cap space this year, anyhow. 

28 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I think it means that the trade could have taken longer and he would have been stuck in limbo. 

I don’t know enough about Dubois to just whether I like this or not from the hockey side.

From the Winnipeg side of the game this makes us look bad to fans across the league. When I talk to my friends I. The US the player they talk about is Laine. I’ve already been asked what sucks so much about Winnipeg that no one wants to stay there?  

Well since i called this trade a while ago. I'm happy with it :D

Roslo like Armia has the chance to be 20g guy but it's not going to happen with Wheeler/Laine ahead of him and Laine still ahead of him.

Laine on top line in CBJ now but whose his center? 🤔

Cap space? We save 1m+

Schief/PLD/Stastny/Lowry :o

After 1 game Laine finally became the Jets best RW and never played for us again 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Winnipeg is slowly becoming the farm team for other teams. Truba, Laine and Roslovic. Who’s next?

Trouba would have left any Canadian team if that matters.

21 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

So we did not gain any cap space?

For this season, no, but we definitely did for next year. 

10 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Winnipeg is slowly becoming the farm team for other teams. Truba, Laine and Roslovic. Who’s next?

Scheif, Ehlers, Connor, Morrissey, Lowry have all been drafted and are better. 

10 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

That's three guys who wanted out and Rolso is not a top player at that.  Wheeler, Scheifele Connor, Morrissey, Wheeler, Hellebuyck, Byfuglien, Little have all signed long term deals. 

JCon beat me to it.  But every team will have some guys who are not happy with their situation.  Grass isn't always greener.

7 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well since i called this trade a while ago. I'm happy with it :D

Roslo like Armia has the chance to be 20g guy but it's not going to happen with Wheeler/Laine ahead of him and Laine still ahead of him.

Laine on top line in CBJ now but whose his center? 🤔

Cap space? We save 1m+

Schief/PLD/Stastny/Lowry :o

After 1 game Laine finally became the Jets best RW and never played for us again 🤷‍♂️

Trouba would have left any Canadian team if that matters.

Armia is not a 20 goal scorer. 

Laine I'd on the top line and will have Domi centering him. It's laughable. Belehind him they have Roslovic. 

30 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

That’s a huge stretch.  Winnipeg likely had very little, to nothing, to do with those players leaving.

You could probably make a better case that our coach had a bigger impact.

Okay, the Jets finally made a long-term deal to address a shortfall in their team, a centre. 

We moved from an area of strength, the wing, and added a piece that will mean out centre depth is set for many years. 

We have goal scorers and two way centres. 

We obviously need help in the back but we have a few pieces already and a few coming up. 

I feel like we should be a contender this year. We're better than Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa and Montreal. We may be better than Toronto too. 

This team will be a top 5 team for the last quarter of the season. 

I'm saying we come out of the northern division on the playoffs and compete to go to the Stanley Cup. 

Edited by JCon

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:
#NHLJets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff is speaking now. Says trade talks began in training camp, really heated up in past 24-48 hours. Says depth and size up the middle will now be a major strength of the team. Suggests Paul Stastny will move to wing.

🤦‍♂️

What's the facepalm for?

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Totally speculating but since PLD's dad works for the Moose is it possible that Chevy knows that PLD is willing to sign long term with us?

I would say,yes, but they can't extend him until after this season. 

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

What's the facepalm for?

I kind of agree... Why move Stastny to wing?  So Lowry won’t be on the 4th?  IMO he’s a solid 4C.  One thing I like about Stastny on the wing, is it gives Gustafsson a shot at 4C, but didn’t Maurice already say Harkins is getting that chance?