Random Jets News

15 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

His agent has and if Laine disagreed then he'd have a new agent.

It doesn't work like that. Laine likely wants his long-term deal and the Jets are choosing to wait (for what I can only assume are a myriad of legitimate reasons). That doesn't automatically mean the former wants a trade, regardless of what his agent has said publicly on the subject.

53 minutes ago, Stickem said:

IF my agent is cooking up crap to feed to the media.....there's the door buddy....It seems there's a large chasm between Laine and his agent...I believe a new agent will be employed soon by Patrik...it would be in his best interest

Or IF it is a 22 year old professional hockey player wanting to play for a big market team for a bigger boat load of cash (American preferably) with greater exposure, fame and pressure then see you later, I'd rather someone who enjoys and wants to wear the Jet Jersey and recognize he can still make gobs of money comparatively speaking and live and work in a city that will generally revere him.

Or, as you state, IF he is not on the same page as his agent, then yes, time for a new one that serves and aligns better with his specific wants and needs.  

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Why is PoMo going with Poolman with Morrisey again when it was a failure last year?

Cuz PoMo is PoMo. 8 years here.. playoffs twice. Yup. I think it's make or break for Paul and I think Chevy is giving Paul the rope so he can hang himself. Poolman is a fine 3RD. The fact he's gonna be 1RD is just another in a long list of reasons why a coaching change would be a huge upgrade. 

24 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Cuz PoMo is PoMo. 8 years here.. playoffs twice. Yup. I think it's make or break for Paul and I think Chevy is giving Paul the rope so he can hang himself. Poolman is a fine 3RD. The fact he's gonna be 1RD is just another in a long list of reasons why a coaching change would be a huge upgrade. 

Lather, rinse, repeat for Goalie. Every year is apparently “make or break” year for Maurice according to you. Every year he is woefully inept and we’d be much better off without him. And yet he is still here and your argument starts with a false assertion. He has made the playoffs 4 times in 7 seasons here. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Lather, rinse, repeat for Goalie. Every year is apparently “make or break” year for Maurice according to you. Every year he is woefully inept and we’d be much better off without him. And yet he is still here and your argument starts with a false assertion. He has made the playoffs 4 times in 7 seasons here

We didn't make the playoffs last season. We made conf finals once and out in Rd 1 twice. 

In 7 years. This isn't Rookie O'Shea learning on the job... This is never won a cup in his career which is 30 plus years. Maurice is a good coach but 7 years is enough for a veteran. If they dont make the playoffs this year it's change time. 

If Helle went to league average instead of standing on head nightly, people wouldnt be pleased would they. Blame Helle for just being average and not Vezina calibre. Our team picks top 5 the last 2 seasons now without him. 

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Edited by Goalie

11 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Gonna need new Jesus.

Perreault pretty much shows up every game. Hits, can play center/wing. MTL maybe? 4m/yr teams wont like but suspect someone pick him up.

Nobody is picking up and guaranteeing a roster spot to Perreault and his 4 million. Fact is.. he's been passed on the depth chart. All of them will clear.. easily. Sounds like Lewis is making an impression.. likely cost Perreault his job. 

So except for Perrault all those guys are Moose bound. Can someone who understands capology better than I explain the impact of Matty’s waiver? If he clears, do we need to buy out his contract if we release him? What is the cap hit then? Right now he runs us $4.125 million cap hit, and with Little going to LTIR that would free up a max. $9.4 million, if that is how it works. Long term Laine signing or new Roslovic contract in the offing with that extra cash? Any insights?

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

So except for Perrault all those guys are Moose bound. Can someone who understands capology better than I explain the impact of Matty’s waiver? If he clears, do we need to buy out his contract if we release him? What is the cap hit then? Right now he runs us $4.125 million cap hit, and with Little going to LTIR that would free up a max. $9.4 million, if that is how it works. Long term Laine signing or new Roslovic contract in the offing with that extra cash? Any insights?

Perreault can't be released. If when he clears he will be paid his money still but be on the Moose. Kind of like Ladd with Bridgeport last year. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Nobody is picking up and guaranteeing a roster spot to Perreault and his 4 million. Fact is.. he's been passed on the depth chart. All of them will clear.. easily. Sounds like Lewis is making an impression.. likely cost Perreault his job. 

Lewis played with Copp and Lowry at today's scrimmage, didn't look out of place

42 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Ok thanks. But his salary won’t count against the NHL cap, correct?

It might. Sounds like ppl think this is a technical move so Perreault can join the taxi squad. Doubt he's claimed cuz 4.125 million reasons but... Sounds like it's a technical move of sorts.. turns out gotta clear waivers to join taxi squad but I'm sure they would be ok if f someone picked him up and his salary.