Random Jets News

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Kelly is older now, has a family, and is in a sort-of "management" position with 'OB. He's not going out on the road for months of the year. That's a younger man's game. I'm curious how they arrived at Edmonds over Munzy for the gig. If Munzy turned it down, or maybe was never asked...?? Munz is the one with a lengthy hockey PBP background...Edmonds only had the Goldeyes before he started doing colour on the Jets radio-casts. Curious how this will work for them, anyhow....

CJOB has released a statement, and I found out Moore WILL be involved with pre-game and post-game commentary

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Were the goldeyes ever on CJOB?

I was trying to remember that...I think they were only on 1290 (even before TSN) and then moved to that little community access station awhile back... don't think they were on OB, but I could be wrong. 

I'm actually kind of surprised 'OB didn't try and go the progressive route and put Hextall on PBP (or Colour at the very least...) Makes sense to have Kelly host the coverage from the studio. Allows him to be involved without having to travel. It'll be a good broadcast, for the most part...

41 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm actually kind of surprised 'OB didn't try and go the progressive route and put Hextall on PBP (or Colour at the very least...) Makes sense to have Kelly host the coverage from the studio. Allows him to be involved without having to travel. It'll be a good broadcast, for the most part...

I like listening to Hextall. I know she left her appointed position in comms with Gov't but am not certain what she's up to now? 

On 2020-12-18 at 10:19 AM, Noeller said:

I've never been much of a Kelly Moore fan but that's probably because I've never recovered from losing Kurt Keilbach call all the Jet games for me even when they were televised (i.e., turn TV play by play guy off, didn't care there was a bit of delay) putting me at the edge of my seat like I was at the game.  Golden.  

Keilbach was good, but I think people over-rate him based on fond memories of their youth. We tend to cling to these images of yesteryear (see: Iso/SpeedFlex) as being greater than they actually were. Keilbach was solid, but this memory of him being one of the greatest of all time.......I'm not sure that's accurate.

11 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Kurt Keilbach...Bob Irving

We had golden years..

You shoulda heard Ken Nicholson. When the WHA Jets scored he brought the house down!! Especially if it was Anders, Ulf or Bobby. When the other team scored he was so quiet that it could be missed. Two Jets fans talking: Q: "Hey, the Jets were up 2 goals & now it's tied??? When did the Aeros score??" A: "Effed if I know & I've been listening to the game." That actually happened a lot. He made no secret that he was there to cheer on the Jets. This is a video of Ken Nicholson. You can hear him do Jets pbp from 1:20-2:04. 

Ken Nicholson Voice of the Jets - Making It Up (fallows.ca)

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Keilbach was good, but I think people over-rate him based on fond memories of their youth. We tend to cling to these images of yesteryear (see: Iso/SpeedFlex) as being greater than they actually were. Keilbach was solid, but this memory of him being one of the greatest of all time.......I'm not sure that's accurate.

Curt Keilback with the Ess-ennnn-sa with the save was always classic.   

My brain is turned off... whoever was doing the radio broadcasts in the past years (not Dennis Beyak whoever the other guy) was absolutely terrible.     Calls the game to fast and I always found his "He scorrrrrrrreees" to sounding like nails on a chalkboard.  He sounds like Ralph Kramden. 

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Curt Keilback with the Ess-ennnn-sa with the save was always classic.   

My brain is turned off... whoever was doing the radio broadcasts in the past years (not Dennis Beyak whoever the other guy) was absolutely terrible.     Calls the game to fast and I always found his "He scorrrrrrrreees" to sounding like nails on a chalkboard.  He sounds like Ralph Kramden. 

Yeah that's Paul Edmonds ex Goldeyes announcer. Can't stand him either. Sounds very American in that. Foster Hewitt might have come up with it but you pretty much only hear Americans say that now.

12 hours ago, bustamente said:

There was talk last year that he wanted out, not happy with his playing time or how he was used who knows, guess we will find out in the next few days 

Yeah, he requested a trade. I'm surprised he's still here, actually. 

The Jets will extend him and let him be picked by Seattle.