Random Jets News

4 hours ago, bustamente said:

The new reverse retro jersey, seem to be in the minority but I like them

screenshot_20201116-092822_twitter-jpg.376502

Couple things to like. One the primary colour os the Jets v2 logo are being used properly here even if grey is as boring as it get. The hockey stick connects with the outside of the logo.

Negative. Plane should be grey. For a dark jersey the logo should be away white as it was in the 80s. For some reason you can't flip logo colours now?

I'm not hating it and I absolutely hate hate hate the v1 uniforms.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Couple things to like. One the primary colour os the Jets v2 logo are being used properly here even if grey is as boring as it get. The hockey stick connects with the outside of the logo.

Negative. For a dark jersey the logo should be away white as it was in the 80s. For some reason you can't flip logo colours now?

What are v1 uniforms?

7 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The one they took from the NYRangers garbage bin in 79.

That was John Ferguson.  It was his design. He introduced them to the NHL as GM of the Rangers in 1977. Then when he was fired in New York before the 78-79 season  he tweaked them & brought them to Winnipeg for the first season in the NHL. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

22 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Really like the design with the split sleeves. Not a fan of the colour scheme - at all. Too much gray, making it way too drab.

So much better with more colour, IMO.

On 2020-11-16 at 9:37 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Negative. Plane should be grey. For a dark jersey the logo should be away white as it was in the 80s. For some reason you can't flip logo colours now?

IMO should of used an exact replica of Ducky’s jersey he wore the first game as the captain of the Winnipeg Jets.

On 2020-11-16 at 9:37 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

You're in the minority. 

17 hours ago, iHeart said:

Just from reading that...Sambergs fault.

Some interesting stuff in here like #NHLJets Pionk 197 min on PP, was in on 86% of scoring...Morrisey 112 min on PP in on 91%. Ehlers in on 93% of scoring during his ice time, 77% of that primary points. Worth picking up & thanks as always for your time Gus!

- Jim Toth

13 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Finally, Walters gets off his butt and signs.... wait... what... Chevy? Oh, it's just the Jets trying to remain relevant in Bombertown. ;)

Interesting, so you can extend players before they become RFAs/FAs? Who knew!

One way deal in 2022/23. Perfect timing to push Helle. 

Kelly is older now, has a family, and is in a sort-of "management" position with 'OB. He's not going out on the road for months of the year. That's a younger man's game. I'm curious how they arrived at Edmonds over Munzy for the gig. If Munzy turned it down, or maybe was never asked...?? Munz is the one with a lengthy hockey PBP background...Edmonds only had the Goldeyes before he started doing colour on the Jets radio-casts. Curious how this will work for them, anyhow....

Paul Edmonds? I thought they would improve upon broadcasting team. 

Just now, Noeller said:

Kelly is older now, has a family, and is in a sort-of "management" position with 'OB. He's not going out on the road for months of the year. That's a younger man's game. I'm curious how they arrived at Edmonds over Munzy for the gig. If Munzy turned it down, or maybe was never asked...?? Munz is the one with a lengthy hockey PBP background...Edmonds only had the Goldeyes before he started doing colour on the Jets radio-casts. Curious how this will work for them, anyhow....

Don't forget Edmunds work with the Selkirk Steelers! 🤦‍♂️