2021 CFL Entry Draft

Noeller

4 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Do we really need to draft another offensive lineman at this point?  I would sooner see us look at  middle linebacker Amen Ogbongbemiga as a potential ratio breaker down the road. 

Are you me? That's exactly what I was thinking. 

Even when we lose Speller, we're pretty deep. We'll probably have to go out and replace Bryant at some point but we're not drafting an LT. 

Just now, Colin Unger said:

Do we really need to draft another offensive lineman at this point?  I would sooner see us look at  middle linebacker Amen Ogbongbemiga as a potential ratio breaker down the road. 

highly doubt we pick an o-lineman with our first...we go best player available who isn't NFL camp fodder...I almost think we may not even pick one this year until late, if at all

When you have Neuf..Desjarlais..Couture..Gray..Eli and possibly Speller all in house and only at most 4 of them rostered there's no need, especially when other than Neufeld they are all 26 or under and we also have Kolankowski in the mix, who has CFL game experience and is only 28

I see us targeting a DT then DB/linebacker types and receivers

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm a big believer that you can never have enough quality NI OL, and I think Walters is a believer in that, too. I fully expect us to take OL with a pick that high...

I don't disagree in principle.  But at some point we are going to start losing these guys for nothing because they will leave for opportunities elsewhere. 

I think it's best to do a future pick this draft. A player that will sign with NFL and might stay there for a bit (kinda like Gray). We still have our 2020 picks to figure out if they belong (although no OL). We don't have glaring needs, maybe few ST'ers especially when Briggs, Miles, Exume & Rush will not re-sgin.

On 2021-01-19 at 3:48 PM, Colin Unger said:

I think you should probably draft an NI ol every single year. Doesnt mean he has to be a guy whose a high pick though. Due to the glutt of ol talent we've let go some pretty good developmental OL guys in the previous few years. I think that continues, but I dont think a high pick OL is likely at all. 

I could still see them taking an OL. Although, I hope not. Argument being that you will lose them to injury, retirement, free agency, etc. and it's best to always be developing the next one(s).  

Maybe Walters picks an NFL bound player with the hopes that they shake loose? 

another thing to keep in mind is that we still haven't seen last year's picks in a camp yet. There's going to be so many bodies this year, I wonder if they go with futures picks, if for no other reason than we've got too many people to properly evaluate as it is and don't want to add to it...

On 2021-01-19 at 4:48 PM, Colin Unger said:

I agree that you guys should draft Ogbongbemiga.  People seem to forget that you can find Olinemen outside the first round.  Teams will have a chance at a ratio breaking MLB and couple CBs, this year.

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Our Man Tait with another really great piece about what should be the CFL Combine right now.... worth your click!

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/03/30/2021-cfl-virtual-combine-poses-challenges/

I was really curious about how itd work with cheating like he touched on. But like he said they draft mostly based on film and production, they arent Al davis drafting who every wins the work out portion of the combine. 

I will miss the 1 on 1s though, I think thats a big loss.