Free Agent Frenzy 2020

How I long for the days when hockey didn’t reach the golden heights where money is the driving force and loyalty is just another word in their restricted, unrestricted vocabulary.

Sigh, I know I think in a world that is no longer realistic and I am a fossil, but...I miss those days where when I see name, I could identify a team on which he plays.

Just now, Noeller said:

My only point was that he was a fit for the Jets. He's listed high on TSN's Trade Board. He's the kinda guy we need.

I worry about his defensive chops. He's good on the PP but not good in his own end. 

Great move to bring back Stastney ... Still has lots of game and from what I heard when he was here last was a good friend of Laine...Should keep Patrik happy and the second line centre we've been looking for,,,,This should end all of the speculation regarding moving Laine....I wonder if we have enough dough to go after Hamonic...I know at one time he wanted to be closer to home and that would be here....Not a super star D guy but pretty competent ..Wouldn't mind seeing him here

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Great move to bring back Stastney ... Still has lots of game and from what I heard when he was here last was a good friend of Laine...Should keep Patrik happy and the second line centre we've been looking for,,,,This should end all of the speculation regarding moving Laine....I wonder if we have enough dough to go after Hamonic...I know at one time he wanted to be closer to home and that would be here....Not a super star D guy but pretty competent ..Wouldn't mind seeing him here

Maybe I missed it somewhere but was there any confirmed reports that Laine wants out of Winnipeg?

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Maybe I missed it somewhere but was there any confirmed reports that Laine wants out of Winnipeg?

Lots of hot air out of tsn BUT NO, not any credible action on moving him...'Apparently' there was some tire kicking going on from a couple of clubs but never amounted to much...Laine is happy here and think he'll be around for quite awhile

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

It's all the arm chair GMs and TSN fearmongering that led to the speculation that Laine wanted out of Winnipeg.   Remember that all this talk started when Craig Button put him on the tradebait board.   Chevy never really addressed the topic either, and people took that as an indication that he was actively shopping him.   I do believe there was some talk between Chevy and other teams on Laine, but I think Chevy intended to hang on to Laine unless there was a huge piece coming back the other way.

Jets still have big time need on defense. Scary if we go in with basically the same group that finished last year imo. Samberg can't fill the losses we have suffered last summer. Hopefully someone is coming...

1 minute ago, bb1 said:

Jets still have big time need on defense. Scary if we go in with basically the same group that finished last year imo. Samberg can't fill the losses we have suffered last summer. Hopefully someone is coming...Not sure how the Leafs keep adding players with their cap crunch.