Around The NHL 2020/21

JCon

26 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

According to TheAthletic, Edmonton is interested in Keith and Keith interested in Edmonton. Oilers can have him.

Which, as a part time Oilers fan, I'm okay with... Depending on the price. If it was Neal and Koskinen and Chi retains some salary (I've heard varying versions of this) then I'm okay with it, but you can't take on the full salary and you can't give up any of your young D (Bear, Bouchard and Broberg all off limits...) 

Blue Jackets goalie Matiss Kivlenieks dies at age 24

The Columbus Blue Jackets confirmed that goalie Matiss Kivlenieks has died from an apparent head injury following a fireworks accident on July 4. Novi, Michigan, police told Associated Press that Kivlenieks was fleeing a hot tub with others after a fireworks malfunction last night, slipped and hit his head on concrete. He was 24.

So is setting off fireworks while youre in the hot tub a TikTok thing?
Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Injuries from blast waves are incredibly dangerous. Heat and shrapnel are the least of your concerns if you are near a high explosive when it goes off. So much pressure crushing your eyes, lungs, intestines... anything soft and hollow is at risk of getting crushed. You might show up at the hospital with no visible injury and be dead inside an hour. Terrible way to go.

20 hours ago, iHeart said:

it seems that Duncan Keith is now an Oiler

Official plotline.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/oilers-acquire-duncan-keith-chicago-nhl-trade-1.6100132

No salary was retained in the first major trade of the NHL off-season since the Stanley Cup. Keith has two years left on his contract at a salary-cap hit just over $5.5 million.

• Rich locked this topic