Around The NHL 2020/21

JCon

13 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I don’t think you can go from AHL back down to the CHL. Don’t have a league rule to back up that assertion, but I don’t recall ever seeing it. 

Yeah, normally, you can't. You need to be 20 to play in the AHL, if you were drafted from the CHL. Otherwise, you need to go back your CHL team. This year is different. 

Perfetti shouldn't be allowed next year either but I'm not sure they've determined what will happen? 

3 hours ago, JCon said:

Kid doesn't get enough credit, here or in the broader NHL. He's elite, like Ehlers. 

Guarantee you if they played for Laff Nation, they would be plastered all over the media outlets.   I hope the leafs choke in the playoffs and it's Connor and Ehlers that lights them up next time we play them

2 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Guarantee you if they played for Laff Nation, they would be plastered all over the media outlets.   I hope the leafs choke in the playoffs and it's Connor and Ehlers that lights them up next time we play them

That's almost a foregone conclusion, right? 

As posted yesterday, TJ Miller, speaking on behalf of the Canucks players, said they are nowhere near ready to play professional hockey. Some of these guys were in REALLY bad shape a week ago. They can't be expected to just get up and play right away, regardless of what money is on the line. They had a conference call with the NHL/NHLPA earlier today and thankfully common sense prevailed.... they will post-pone the 'Nucks games for a bit longer yet.

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

As posted yesterday, TJ Miller, speaking on behalf of the Canucks players, said they are nowhere near ready to play professional hockey. Some of these guys were in REALLY bad shape a week ago. They can't be expected to just get up and play right away, regardless of what money is on the line. They had a conference call with the NHL/NHLPA earlier today and thankfully common sense prevailed.... they will post-pone the 'Nucks games for a bit longer yet.

oh but weren't they at practice a couple of days back? if the practice was cancelled I didn't hear it

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I really and truly do trust Chevy...he hasn't steered us too far wrong yet. I don't think he'd be selling the farm for a bag of magic beans any time soon. 

I agree, which is why I want to know what was brewing. I doubt he only worked on the one deal but probably let others go when this one seemed pretty assured. It's Chevy's style. He's a good GM, IMO. 

But, I am glad that our young D will get a chance to grow here. Maybe they can become as good as Morrissey has been.