Around The NHL 2020/21

JCon

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

This so Morrissey’s second year without Trouba and he has struggled both years, this year even more than last. How long before we find that magic partner for him? He has not played like a number one defenceman since he got paid like one. I think there is still potential, but would the Rangers give us a hefty haul where there would be risk and possible reward? And with Pionk angling for a bigger raise and DeMelo locked in at a good rate for 3 more years, do you really think we would expose him in the draft? 

I'm not trading a top 4 defenseman when I'm desperate for top pairing defensemen. And, I'm certainly not trading unless I'm getting a young defenseman on a great contract with term. Rangers don't have that. 

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Because Morrissey has been bad for 2 seasons? Because every RHD on the Jets has played with 44 and nothing has changed? Why should he settle down?

He's the one whose supposed to settle his partner down.

K'Andre Miller and conditional 22 pick?

Who has Morrissey played with????

Chevy should be all over it for something like:

1st+Niku+ some B propsect. If it's Vesailanen it's an overpay, but so be it.

Vesalainen and Niku don't tip the scales for this team. Getting a cost controlled top pairing D-man is exactly what the Jets need.

Edited by Dr Zaius

16 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Because Morrissey has been bad for 2 seasons? Because every RHD on the Jets has played with 44 and nothing has changed? Why should he settle down?

He's the one whose supposed to settle his partner down.

This is such a horrible take.

Morrissey hasn't been the same since Trouba was traded (which speaks to the importance of pairing chemistry) but to suggest he's been just outright bad is ridiculous. His analytics are still solid even if they've fallen off. Keep in mind this team lost 4/6 of its starting blue line in a single off-season. There's no recovering from that in any short time, especially when the void has to be filled with stopgaps like Sbisa, Bitetto, Beaulieu, etc.

Until the Jets can find a RHD partner to pair well with him (I expected Poolman to be that player but it hasn't worked out), we'll continue seeing this blue line blender and defensive struggles. Trading him away when the depth is already shallow enough would be a terribly shortsighted move.

Also, if he's so bad, why would any other team want him?

4 minutes ago, Jimmy from Lockport said:

If Chevy manages to get Ekholm, he will cost more than people are thinking he would.

Think a 1st plus Samberg or Heinola or Perfetti. You aren't getting him for a 1st and Ves with Niku believe me.

If we get him, we lose DeMelo to the XD.

No team is giving up a prospect of Perfetti's level for 1.25 years of Ekholm. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm a big fan of these personally. As a consumer (customer, event attendee, etc...) I'll feel safer (and therefore am much more likely to leave my house and support a business event) if things like this are in place. 

I have a feeling this is going to become the norm in the coming years for events such as sports, shows, concerts, etc. whenever large groups of people gather in a venue. And I'm more than okay with that.