Around The NHL 2020/21

JCon

Jan 1 as a target date, means we're likely going to be later than that, which sucks. I'm sure they're hoping that the longer they push it back, the better odds of being able to have fans in the stands, but we're still a LONG way from that (at least in the sane part of North America) so just figure out a "no fans" or "extremely limited fans" approach way of doing things...

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Jan 1 as a target date, means we're likely going to be later than that, which sucks. I'm sure they're hoping that the longer they push it back, the better odds of being able to have fans in the stands, but we're still a LONG way from that (at least in the sane part of North America) so just figure out a "no fans" or "extremely limited fans" approach way of doing things...

I don't know I still remember the 2013 season pretty well they still managed to finish in April, with the finals in June FAF happening at the beginning of July

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

BREAKING NEWS: TSN now reporting that the Laine trade rumour that they randomly started is now cooling down.

If it was just a made up rumour, Chevy would have dispelled it. He did not. 

But, who's going to pay what Laine is worth, when he's only under contract for one more year and has arbitration rights. It's a tough trade to get full value unless the team can extend him at the same time. 

I still think there's a chance Laine gets dealt, but it sure feels like Chevy is not doing this unless he's getting the monstrous return that we all agree he SHOULD be getting for Laine. Chevy is refusing to take less than Laine's worth, thank goodness. 

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:

Actually, this should be the first thought all along.

I don't know. What, objectively, can the Jets get in FA? A 2C (without overpaying for too long)? A RHD (without overpaying for too long)? 

It's still Winnipeg. We are still hampered by image issues and higher taxes. Why come here when you can go to Vegas or Florida and take home more money? 

BUT... if there was a year for big signings it's this one.

• We have cap space, a lot, when others don't.
  • The market is flat, so the price shouldn't be driven up.
  • There are a number of options out there.
  • If you're a FA, looking to win, you can't go wrong with a Vezina goalie.
  • Centres will get an astounding opportunity to play with top tier wingers.