2020-21 NFL Discussion Thread

SpeedFlex27

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I want the best. In the biggest game of the year. 

You don't give a ****... Especially about an NFL game. You just don't see women as capable of being in a traditionally male role. That's all I'm getting from your posts... 

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You don't give a ****... Especially about an NFL game. You just don't see women as capable of being in a traditionally male role. That's all I'm getting from your posts... 

Don't give a ****? Puh-leeze. You're the one constantly telling us how you hate the NFL & never watch it. I have every right to ask so get over yourself. Next time the Bombers lose because of a shitty ref call don't ***** about them making bad calls. Don't question it. Just accept it. Unless he's a white male then it's okay to complain, right?  If I hear you whining then I'll remind you of what you just said. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I want the best. In the biggest game of the year. 

They are the best in the game. The highest graded officials during the year work the super bowl. She was ranked out one of the best that's why she was officiating the game.

The NFL's highest-rated official at each position is selected to work the Super Bowl. This is determined by the league using an evaluation system to grade each official's calls during the year. However, only officials who have worked in the league for at least five seasons and have previously worked during the playoffs are eligible to officiate in a Super Bowl. A referee cannot work the Super Bowl at that position until she or he has been a referee for at least three seasons, while also meeting the five-year minimum service requirement.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't care if people are offended. People always ***** about the refs. I just asked if she deserved to be there or was the NFL trotting her out saying "Look at us". What does the number of years officiating have to do with anything? To me, it means nothing. Look at Jake Ireland in the CFL. Reffed for 30 years & screwed every CFL team over a dozen times. Now, he is one of the replay officials & still screwing teams over another dozen times. So, to me it's a valid question. Was there a better ref left out to put her in on Sunday? 

Image result for digging yourself into a hole gif

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Don't give a ****? Puh-leeze. You're the one constantly telling us how you hate the NFL & never watch it. I have every right to ask so get over yourself. Next time the Bombers lose because of a shitty ref call don't ***** about them making bad calls. Don't question it. Just accept it. Unless he's a white male then it's okay to complain, right?  If I hear you whining then I'll remind you of what you just said. 

This "opinion" was embarrassing at first to read. Now it's just comical.

The NFL chose its best officials for the biggest game of the year. But no official in any sport at any level has a perfect record of calling penalties/fouls/etc.

Sarah Thomas being a woman is completely irrelevant to the discussion. 

I have to laugh at the angst here over my comments. Then when the Bombers lose this coming season the posters who always get so upset here will want to string up the officials who botched a call & made us lose. And it'll be Wah, wah, wah, wah. This call sucked,. That call sucked. That wasn't PI. That wasn't a hold. The refs suck... Like it always is here. Some... but not all of you are such hypocrites. Like I said, I don't care if people are upset. I just asked a question.   

Edited by SpeedFlex27

10 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

This "opinion" was embarrassing at first to read. Now it's just comical.

The NFL chose its best officials for the biggest game of the year. But no official in any sport at any level has a perfect record of calling penalties/fouls/etc.

Sarah Thomas being a woman is completely irrelevant to the discussion. 

if she was the best then good she should be there. 

On 2021-02-09 at 7:06 PM, Brandon said:

in a world where a network decides that an obese old lady with zero experience in action movies is chosen as the lead of the Equalizer... I'd assume anywhere and everywhere is trying hard to look progressive.  

Marg Helgenberger, Tom Selleck, Stallone, bruce  willis,, Mark Harmon, Mariska Hargitay.

by far the worst blown call in the last ten years..... No interference or targetting against The Rams db. on New Orleans receiver Rams advance to superbowl.

let me check...... nope, no woman refs that game.

so easy to rebut your takes.

Edited by Mark F

24 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I mean...honestly it wasn't that nice of a play/route. The defender miss played it a bit and was also left one on one. Double move, game over. Nothing in that play that literally any other rec in the NFL couldn't have done.

oh.... not arguing, but he looks quite a bit above average quick direction change to me. 

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Putting forward another motion to have this thread moved to Gen Forum where it belongs :)..... 

Why? It's been here since Day 1. 

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Dak Prescott gets paid big time 40m/160m that's a lot of cake, 126m of it is guaranteed.

Not worth it. 

On 2021-02-09 at 9:51 PM, Noeller said:

"Blue Bombers Forum: A forum to discuss all things Blue Bombers and the CFL"

It's been there since Sept 2020 and should have been in the Gen Forum. It'll be much easier for me to ignore over there. Good riddance.... 

47 minutes ago, Noeller said:

"Blue Bombers Forum: A forum to discuss all things Blue Bombers and the CFL"

It's been there since Sept 2020 and should have been in the Gen Forum. It'll be much easier for me to ignore over there. Good riddance.... 

Well, there are NFL fans here too. It's doing no harm. You don't have to read the posts.

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

Putting forward another motion to have this thread moved to Gen Forum where it belongs :)..... 

request-denied.jpg

Besides, there are CFLers who go to the NFL. Should we remove all Chris Streveler talk from this forum since he is no longer a Blue Bomber?  Of course not. There are some grey areas and crossover with the NFL and CFL, so I think we can recognize this as not just a Bomber forum, not just a CFL forum, but a football forum. And if you don’t like it, then exercise your free will and don’t click on the link. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

• 2 weeks later...