2020-21 NFL Discussion Thread

SpeedFlex27

23 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Very sad story on the eve of the Super Bowl. Aside from the distraction for the Chiefs and their coaching staff, a real human tragedy that could have legal consequences. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/05/us/britt-reid-accident-kansas-city/index.html

Just sad - especially the fact that he had previous DUI contacts and still had a driver's license.

What's sad is that Britt Reid has been given many chances to change his ways in the past but hasn't been able to do so. Many more chances than a lot of people with drug & alcohol issues get. Like going from a drug addict to Linebackers Coach on the Chiefs because of who his father is. Continues to make poor choices in life like mixing Adderall, alcohol & getting behind the wheel injuring two kids. I don't think being the son of Andy Reid will get him out of this. 

Britt Reid crash: Andy Reid's sons' sad past reemerges (nypost.com)

43 minutes ago, bustamente said:

No testing yesterday by either the Bucs or Chiefs, obvious that they don't want a positive result and a player being ruled out, supposedly they will be tested today but when will the results come back and will we have a player being taken out of the game.

I saw they were tested, but everyone was clear 

23 hours ago, Mark F said:

Reid other kid suicided.

At this point, I am going with Brady.

go Brady!

It's sad that Andy Reid's time he spent away from his family as an NFL HC caused such strife in his home. Dad being away so much coaching football & missing special occasions, family birthdays, Christmas or even his 2 sons high school games came at such a cost. They look around & see other Dads in the stands but theirs isn't as he's too busy with his team's players & it's tough.

I can relate as my father was a small business owner & an alcoholic. He was also was never around & would be gone for days at a time & my Mother & I would not know where he was or if he was even alive. Was he lying dead somewhere??  It wasn't uncommon for him to go missing from Thursday at noon to when he came home for lunch to Saturday night or Sunday morning. When he was around then my parents argued about the times he wasn't. I had a hard time trusting others because I could never trust that my father would keep his word he'd be home that night or that we'd be going on that fishing trip the next Saturday when I was a kid.

You get ****** up when you can't trust your father as a 10 year old. Or seeing your Mother crying because she thinks her husband is dead or we have no money for food because Dad is drinking it all away & he's the only bread winner in the family. It affects you the rest of your life. So, I have sympathy for Britt Reid but he is an adult now & hurt 2 innocent little kids. He should go to jail. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I preferred the JLo/Shakira one to this, but this isn't terrible. It's not my kinda music but I can get into this. Nice to see a Canadian kid in the biggest promotional stage... 

Also, Gronk is such a freak of nature. Has there ever been a greater red zone producer? 

Also also, Tom Brady is just ageless. It's like Roger Federer... Until he quits, nobody will be able to take him down. The closest thing to Michael Jordan in any other sport... 

Crazy stat from that football show on 1290:

Mahones had 497 scramble yards behind the line of scrimmage, trying to buy time - Brady had 13.  I didn’t even watch the game, but that’s difference right there - as usual. 

3 hours ago, bustamente said:

KC no answers on O no answers on D

Trenches dominated by the Bucs. 

One OL goes down for the Chiefs in the AFC Championship game & suddenly three have to change positions & a shitty backup has to start on the KC line. The NFL has bigger rosters & expanded practice squads & they didn't have a guy ready to step in & play? That cost them the Super Bowl as the Bucs ate that KC line alive. Mahomes was running for his life on every pass play. the NFL monopolizes players & when just one is needed they can't deliver. 

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

KC actually had their other starting tackle hurt in october and a starting guard about half way through the season so technically 3 backups. They also have tried to get away the past few years with a Chevette OL for their Ferrari QB.

Funny how some teams do not learn that lesson - one would think it should be an automatic fundamental when it comes to team building.