2020-21 NFL Discussion Thread

SpeedFlex27

Cam Newton is just an awful qb. Bill Belichek kept telling the media after the game last night that Newton is his qb. Yeah, until the final game of the season then he is gone. I can't see the guy back in New England next season. There are some qbs who struggle that fans want to succeed & there are others like Newton where they revel in his failures.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I follow the reddit game thread for the game last night... by far. most commenters feel sorry for cam. thousands of posts.

he seems like a good guy.

yeah, dont know what the Pats can do for next season.

maybe get jimmy g back?

they have a problem at qb. 

belichik will figure it out. be fun to follow.

Edited by Mark F

6 hours ago, Mark F said:

I follow the reddit game thread for the game last night... by far. most commenters feel sorry for cam. thousands of posts.

he seems like a good guy.

yeah, dont know what the Pats can do for next season.

maybe get jimmy g back?

they have a problem at qb. 

belichik will figure it out. be fun to follow.

Newton lost me when he acted like an ass after his Super Bowl loss. It's one thing to be unhappy after a loss & we all understand that. But to act like he did? No class. Self centred & selfish player. That was the year of Supermasn Cam Newton. It's one thing to be Superman when he's winning but he turned into Superchump against the Broncos. I just don't think his Patriot teammates want to play well for him. That maybe he's lost the locker room with the leaders on the team. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Newton lost me when he acted like an ass after his Super Bowl loss. It's one thing to be unhappy after a loss & we all understand that. But to act like he did? No class. Self centred & selfish player. That was the year of Supermasn Cam Newton. It's one thing to be Superman when he's winning but he turned into Superchump against the Broncos. I just don't think his Patriot teammates want to play well for him. That maybe he's lost the locker room with the leaders on the team. 

By all reports the locker room loves him, has been a breath of fresh air after Brady.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

By all reports the locker room loves him, has been a breath of fresh air after Brady.

After Brady? Over the years how many rings did he help his teammates win?? Newton won't be winning any Super Bowls for his teammates anytime soon. Newton's former HC in Carolina Ron Rivera used to take it easy on Newton after a bad game & say very little so as not to upset Newton. Whereas Belichek has no compuction to criticize his players in front of his teammtes as Brady was chewed out plenty of times  in team meetings over 20 seasons. Maybe Newton can't take the pressure by Bill Belichek in New England?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2020-12-09 at 11:54 AM, Booch said:

Any coach who is a god coach and doesnt want to lose his room is always going to say positive things about his players....starters and the bench guys...Thats why Kingsbury says what he does.

Strev tho is in the same boat as many other CFL stars who go down to try their luck, and the politics and optics of the NFL cripple all of them..well 98 percent of them, They will always play behind the higher draft picks (even if they are better) the established players, and for the most part most free agents...thats how the NFL works and is the meat grinder it is, and it will never change. Ask any player who has played in both leagues, and they will tell u the level of play is equal, the talent just as good...it's just what it is..NFL is a money making machine, and if a high draft pick with big cash in him is a useless turd...he gonna play before a CFL free agent, and in most cases unheralded un-drafted free agents

Murray has in games looked brutal, but has stayed in..there is a reason for that, and guys like Strev will suffer for it...he will be bounced around on a PR or as a backup for 2..3..4 years if he wants to, but from what I know of the guy, and what i have heard he will say screw it...especially if he gets 2 years of active roster money and will be heading back here where he will be able to compete, and build on his legend...guys a player and a workhorse and wont be wanting to erode away with 3-5 reps a season...he like a bull chomping at the bit and this new life will tire him quickly....count on it

Bank his close to 2 million he will make over next 2 years and come have a 6-7 year career in Canada at 400..500k..and be the darling of a city...thats a no brainer

Especially too, if the Cards sign a vet journey man this winter, or another high draft pick...he's out, and at best if another team sniffs he will be PR material, or a back up who never gets in...he wont go for that

Yep. Good summation, Booch. I see it the same way.

33 minutes ago, bustamente said:

The Vikings suck but their place kicker Bailey really really sucks and will be left by the side of the road in a few hours

but Medlock couldnt get a job in the NFL.

and Mike Zimmer will not get his team past second round of playoffs, ever. 

Edited by Mark F

Feel bad for Bailey he was one of the most accurate kicks in NFL history up to the past couple games. 

24 minutes ago, Mark F said:

but Medlock couldnt get a job in the NFL.

and Mike Zimmer will not get his team past second round of playoffs, ever. 

He has already

4 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Feel bad for Bailey he was one of the most accurate kicks in NFL history up to the past couple games. 

He has already

I meant future, but past, yes, and a large choke at the end.

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Vikings suck and I really wish that CTV would not give us the Viking game each week.

I agree. five and seven and a pile of excuses. for the faithful.......always "next year theyll be really good" 

and why cant zimmer get a field goal kicker? seven years and still cant find one.

also, why does he call out players in the media? I really dislkie that. 

never heard O shea do that.

zimmer is ok, but not going to win the superbowl. neither is speilman.

Edited by Mark F

17 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

He has already

Medlock is done with the NFL bs and has no desire to go back to it, even though he would probably be in the top tier of kickers..he's happy were he is and its a bonus for us

21 hours ago, bustamente said:

Vikings are not in very good shape cap wise and if the cap goes down as has been reported they will need to make roster moves, as for Bailey his career with the Vikings has been up and down, that contract extension was a mistake

Viking fans are like Leaf fans...Next year is always their year! lol.

On 2020-12-13 at 2:45 PM, rebusrankin said:

Vikings suck and I really wish that CTV would not give us the Viking game each week.

They could be 0-17 & we'd see every fricking, fracking, freaking Giants game. I hate that team just because we're forced to watch their futility it seems nearly every week on SNF or MNF.