2020-21 NFL Discussion Thread

SpeedFlex27

12 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The issue isn’t comparing football players to the real world. The issue is equity and consistency within the NFL itself. The Titans have a COVID outbreak, they get a pass until they can field a proper team at the expense of the Steelers bye week. The Niners team gets decimated due in part to COVID protocols, too bad you have to play as planned, put out your practice squad. Baltimore has a COVID outbreak, sure we can put off your match until your QB and other starters are cleared, who cares if we force the Steelers to lose another mini-bye and now make them play twice on 5 days. But hey Denver, you have no quarterbacks, but we can’t postpone your match, sucks to be you. Rules are completely inconsistent and are screwing some teams while giving others a competitive advantage. 

They are actually being consistent with their own covid policy.  They have been clear that competitiveness is not going to be a consideration and the only reason they will delay a game is if there is an active, uncontained outbreak (like Baltimore).

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/29/nfl-refused-broncos-request-to-delay-game-until-monday/

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

only hope is the titans coach, vrabel.

same thing with belichick quarterbacks that go elsewhere. all duds.

The Belichek System. That is what wins. Not the coaches & not the qbs who left. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/560751-eric-mangini-10-reasons-the-bill-belichick-coaching-tree-has-struggled

Giving taysom multimmillions was genius!

"This time, he was 9 of 16 for 78 yards, no touchdowns, an interception and a paltry passer rating of 43.2. He also ran 10 times for 44 yards."

😂

not a great season of football for the nfl. 

covid took them down, and Im glad the CFL didnt play.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

The NFL looks terrible in their decision to have a QB-less team like Denver play a game, in a year such as this.

Considering how much people bet on football I'm amazed with this decision. Where is the integrity of the game? The Broncos had no chance. I hate Roger Goodell.  he doesn't give a **** about the fans. As long as owners can make money. 

11 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

That and they dont run the ball enough. Sanders is averaging like 6 yards per carry yet they let Wentz, whos a turnover machine and has clearly been struggling all season, sit back and huck it 40 times per games, even in game that are close. Pederson's play calling is a joke.

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

delete

11 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I have Sanders in fantasy and yep they don't run enough. Bubba is totally on point.

Yup, me too lol. Nothing has been more frustrating this year as watching Sanders rip in up early in games, only to see Scott and Clement vulture TD's while Wentz proceeds to put the team in negative game scripts with his horrid play.

Cardinals crapped the bed twice in the Patriot game today....Down on the one and instead of putting in Streveler to run it in for a sure td they tried to run it with a light weight back who was stopped cold....Turned the ball over to New England...td pooched.....Cards could have had a go ahead td in the late going but instead of putting in Streve for a sure new set of downs  ..crapped out on a wide field goal attempt...,,,game blown...When is Kingsbury going to realize what they have sitting on the bench in Chris ....Big question mark on his calls in that one

57 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Cardinals crapped the bed twice in the Patriot game today....Down on the one and instead of putting in Streveler to run it in for a sure td they tried to run it with a light weight back who was stopped cold....Turned the ball over to New England...td pooched.....Cards could have had a go ahead td in the late going but instead of putting in Streve for a sure new set of downs  ..crapped out on a wide field goal attempt...,,,game blown...When is Kingsbury going to realize what they have sitting on the bench in Chris ....Big question mark on his calls in that one

Look at how short yardage is run or on the goal line in the NFL, They don't do what we do up here. The starting qb stays in.  If a team is on the 1 yard line they'll hand the ball off 5 yards deep hoping the back can search for a hole. Even the Saints used Hill on short yardage but now that he's the starter, the backup qb doesn't come in. When will Kingsbury realize what he has in Streveler & use him? Probably never but the answer is maybe occasionally. As in 2 or 3 times a season. It just isn't the NFL way. Why? Unlike the CFL, head coaches & OC's in the NFL don't want to change things around on short yardage due to a lack of continuity. They're afraid of a mistake like a fumble or a penalty. So, the starters stay in. You'll get old waiting. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

17 hours ago, bigg jay said:

They are actually being consistent with their own covid policy.  They have been clear that competitiveness is not going to be a consideration and the only reason they will delay a game is if there is an active, uncontained outbreak (like Baltimore).

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/29/nfl-refused-broncos-request-to-delay-game-until-monday/

I just don’t understand how they determine if an outbreak is contained or not. Denver had 3 QBs who were negative but had close contact with the positive QB, so all 4 deemed ineligible - but the outbreak is contained? And Baltimore QB gets a positive test, and they say it is not contained? 
It would have been better for the Broncos to declare that they couldn’t confirm all those who had contact with the positive testing QB, so their outbreak was not contained, and then they get a delay. The rule may be spelled out, but how the NFL is implementing it needs a better explanation, or else it looks random and inconsistent. 

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Look at how short yardage is run or on the goal line in the NFL, They don't do what we do up here. The starting qb stays in.  If a team is on the 1 yard line they'll hand the ball off 5 yards deep hoping the back can search for a hole. Even the Saints used Hill on short yardage but now that he's the starter, the backup qb doesn't come in. When will Kingsbury realize what he has in Streveler & use him? Probably never but the answer is maybe occasionally. As in 2 or 3 times a season. It just isn't the NFL way. Why? Unlike the CFL, head coaches & OC's in the NFL don't want to change things around on short yardage due to a lack of continuity. They're afraid of a mistake like a fumble or a penalty. So, the starters stay in. You'll get old waiting. 

IF I'm an owner, I want some answers as to why I'm putting in a light weight to run a yard when I've got a guy sitting on the bench that could have made the difference in a win instead of a loss....I don't care about the prima donna's whining....It's a team game and you play it as that...I know the nfl has strange ways and most likely wouldn't want to follow any of our schemes (lord gawd no) but I hope one day there'll be some sort of innovator down there that'll break the mold....Kingsbury had that chance and blew it...

Why do people think that a Streveler sneak would be automatic? The NFL is a different game completely, Much higher degree of difficulty for a QB....any QB.... to sneak on goal line stand. I love me some Strev but to suggest that they blew the game by not calling his number is not accurate at all. Might they have won? Sure. However, it all predicates on the OL beating the DL....something they sure as heck didn't do on that play.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Why do people think that a Streveler sneak would be automatic? The NFL is a different game completely, Much higher degree of difficulty for a QB....any QB.... to sneak on goal line stand. I love me some Strev but to suggest that they blew the game by not calling his number is not accurate at all. Might they have won? Sure. However, it all predicates on the OL beating the DL....something they sure as heck didn't do on that play.

Cripes...Streve could have fallen into the end zone and stretched for the td....And besides he's already run a play where he picked them up a crucial first down...He just doesn't get enough of those chances when I feel he should...Just my take