2020-21 NFL Discussion Thread

SpeedFlex27

On 2020-10-25 at 5:42 PM, bustamente said:

Belichick probably having flash backs to his Cleveland days

Brady would have made them respectable. But they let him go. Belichek not as smart as he thought. If they go something like 4-13, will he retire & Josh McDaniels take over?

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

The Chiefs game wasn't televised in the Calgary area. I wanted to watch but nope. CTV will play the same game on 4 different channels across the country. 

Who thought the Steelers would be undefeated 7 games in.

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Brady would have made them respectable. But they let him go. Belichek not as smart as he thought. If they go something like 4-13, will he retire & Josh McDaniels take over?

Cam Newton is no Tom Brady that's for sure, have no idea what Belichek is going to do but pulling the shoot might be a good idea as the Pats need to re stock and won't be good for a while

9 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Who thought the Steelers would be undefeated 7 games in.

Cam Newton is no Tom Brady that's for sure, have no idea what Belichek is going to do but pulling the shoot might be a good idea as the Pats need to re stock and won't be good for a while

At his age, Belichek wouldn't be the guy to lead that team back. Newton at his best is an average qb. Most of the time he struggles to get just to that level. 

nfl is a bit mediocre this season just watched seahawks let backups score three td in a quarter.

packers lost to the vikngs who are 1 and 5. 

tua had 67 yds psssing well into the second half.

garafolo was shitty, then got hurt, (again)

lol idiot  

https://sports.yahoo.com/bears-javon-wims-ejected-throwing-005348949.html

blech

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Chiefs game wasn't televised in the Calgary area. I wanted to watch but nope. CTV will play the same game on 4 different channels across the country. 

I got DAZN today for this reason. Could get the Chiefs game or the Pitt/Balt game.

On 2020-10-25 at 7:37 PM, Mr Dee said:

Unbelievable, not using the guy who is one of the best for that exact situation.

Well, if they’re not going to use him there, I don’t know why I would watch them again.

The NFL is a different game. The starter stays in on short yardage. They don't really use a short yardage qb like the CFL does. Good on Streveler for making the Cardinals & the money he is making but he won't play much. Especially with Kyler Murray as the Cards qb. 

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The NFL is a different game. The starter stays in on short yardage

not on the saints. they put in Taysom Hill on short yardage.

anyway, its an example of nfl  stupidity.

Streveller is a much better short yardage player than kyler murray. they do it cause they all do it. not a goos reason.

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

Streveller is a much better short yardage player than kyler murray. they do it cause they all do it. not a goos reason.

That’s a ridiculous comparison. Drew Brees has 758 rushing yards in a 20 year career. Kyler Murray has almost 1,100 in a season and a half. Streveler has one carry for 3 yards. Why would you take out the better QB whose run game is better or at least equal against NFL talent than his back-up has shown against only CFL talent. The Cards are not here to give the Bomber fan boys a reason to do a circle jerk. They are here to win games with the best option available. 

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

I agree.

I also agree that Kyle Murray is a good QB and that’s precisely why you would use a Streveler in certain situations.. to prevent their #1 QB being injured.

The NFL has not seen the likes of someone like Streveler and his game would compliment Murray and not interfere with the Cardinals overall game.

We’ve all seen what a weapon he can be and I don’t believe his being in the NFL would hamper his running style very much at all.

He’s a beast. Use him.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

That’s a ridiculous comparison

no its not. he said nfl doesnt take out the qb on third down. I gave an example where they do. and it works.

anyway, kyler murray is small. games i watched he runs outside and relies on speed. on plays that have broken down.

he is not in any way a short yardage ball carrier.  he got hit once running the ball the other day, and was lucky to get up. 

good luck stopping streveller for three inches.

Just cause its the nfl, doesnt mean it makes sense.

Edited by Mark F

8 hours ago, Mark F said:

I know but Hill obviously hasn't impressed other head coaches enough for them to find other qbs like him to run short yardage. Football is the one sport where success is copied. So far, what the Saints do with Hill hasn't been. Now maybe in future seasons things will change in the NFL but for now Hill is the exception even with Chris Streveler in Arizona & what he can do. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27