2020-21 NFL Discussion Thread

SpeedFlex27

20 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Vikings have a few holes to fill, average Qb with 1 quality receiver and a poor secondary wont win you to many games

Secondary is going to be a development year. They are super young but Mike Zimmer might be the best developers of defensive backs in the league.

Mike Zimmer is overrated. He's been a head coach for  seven or eight  years. three playoff wins? something like that. Vikings keep screwing up the same things, year after year. 

defensive genius whose defence falls apart in big games.

what was that about the niners beating the cardinals? 

go Streveller!

Edited by Mark F

Russell Wilson has put the Seattle Seahawks on his back in an early MVP like season. Despite throwing a pick 6 vs New England, he shrugged that off & threw five more all to his teammates in an exciting 35-30 win at home to go to 2-0. The Seahawks who really don't do enough on their OL to protect Wilson as their most valuable player better hope he stays healthy. 

So now, after the Chiefs comeback today & Wilson's play this evening both teams are 2-0 with their qbs leading the way in spectacular fashion. Question: If you were a brand new GM of a brand new expansion NFL team & you had to pick between drafting Russell Wilson or Patrick Mahomes to your team as your qb then who would you pick? The only choices you have are those 2... No one else. Who would it be? 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Russell Wilson has put the Seattle Seahawks on his back in an early MVP like season. Despite throwing a pick 6 vs New England, he shrugged that off & threw five more all to his teammates in an exciting 35-30 win at home to go to 2-0. The Seahawks who really don't do enough on their OL to protect Wilson as their most valuable player better hope he stays healthy. 

So now, after the Chiefs comeback today & Wilson's play this evening both teams are 2-0 with their qbs leading the way in spectacular fashion. Question: If you were a brand new GM of a brand new expansion NFL team & you had to pick between drafting Russell Wilson or Patrick Mahomes to your team as your qb then who would you pick? The only choices you have are those 2... No one else. Who would it be? 

Mahomes strictly based on age.

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm surprised how little football talk there is around here. I kinda hoped we'd all pick an NFL team or two to follow and discuss their games considering there's no CFL this year. Maybe the Streveler's.

BTW: Mahomes is the QB, I'd choose.

I just can't bring myself to care about the NFL. If Streveler was playing more, I might care to watch the Cards games, but otherwise there's just not a lot for me to care about. Sports, for me, is a regional thing. I care about my province/city playing against another province/state/city..... watching the so-called "best players in the world" just for the sake of that, doesn't really do it for me, at least in football.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm surprised how little football talk there is around here. I kinda hoped we'd all pick an NFL team or two to follow and discuss their games considering there's no CFL this year. Maybe the Streveler's.

BTW: Mahomes is the QB, I'd choose.

The Niners are all hurt. Burn 2020 down to the ground and let's start 2021 right now. 

#IsItJuneYet

Edited by JCon