2020-21 NFL Discussion Thread

SpeedFlex27

For the NFL fans here. Just because we've had no football to talk about for 10 months. The only thing we have is the NFL. I want to at least talk about football. The Chiefs look like the real deal again while the Texans look like also rans so the football world is unfolding the way it should. They had 15,000 fans at Arrowhead Stadium this evening & the social distancing & masking didn't look good. I think they should have played the games this season without fans in the stands. If anything derails this season it'll be Covid. If a lot of fans get sick the season will be over. 

At least Reid & O'Brien were trying to set an example. Some of those other coaches like the DC of the Texans just think they'll never get sick or spread it to others. If the NFL wants a successful season then these coaches who refuse to mask up should be fined. I won't even get into the crowd behaviour with social distancing & very little masks. Yikes!  

giphy.gif

Edited by SpeedFlex27

BFF538-C9-A9-AC-4-E8-E-8-E58-3-C6-EA8834    No, not the football we normally watch but it was great

to watch football again. The Chiefs did look mighty fine and their rookie running back gives them another weapon.
I trust Buck was watching the game because there were a few innovative plays they used that we could incorporate into out offence.

Not a great game, but I have to say, It was great to watch football again. I could do without the political crap and the lack of social distancing in the stands.

I wonder if folks watching the NFL this year instead of the CFL will result in more NFL fans and less CFL fans going forward.

22 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Not a great game, but I have to say, It was great to watch football again. I could do without the political crap and the lack of social distancing in the stands.

I wonder if folks watching the NFL this year instead of the CFL will result in more NFL fans and less CFL fans going forward.

Yeah, the national anthem bothers me too. Why do they need to play it? And all the flags???

58 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I would think it might lead to fewer CFL only fans and more CFL/NFL fans in Canada.

14 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

What do you mean by political crap?

The first 20 minutes was all political crap. A line of millionaires linking arms on the field isn't going to accomplish anything. One team didn't come out for the anthem. Fans booed. The talking heads trying to say something intelligent about politics, when that's not their strength or interest.

I totally respect and support their right to protest, but personally, I could do without politics in sports. I preferred the kneeling during the National Anthem because it made the same point, annoyed the Trump-ettes and didn't add any time to the football game.

58 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yeah, the national anthem bothers me too. Why do they need to play it? And all the flags???

Now that you bring it up, I could do without the National Anthem too. Being proud that you completely randomly happened to have been born on a specific piece of soil has always struck me as silly.

26 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The first 20 minutes was all political crap. A line of millionaires linking arms on the field isn't going to accomplish anything. One team didn't come out for the anthem. Fans booed. The talking heads trying to say something intelligent about politics, when that's not their strength or interest.

I totally respect and support their right to protest, but personally, I could do without politics in sports. I preferred the kneeling during the National Anthem because it made the same point, annoyed the Trump-ettes and didn't add any time to the football game.

Now that you bring it up, I could do without the National Anthem too. Being proud that you completely randomly happened to have been born on a specific piece of soil has always struck me as silly.

I agree with the second part of the statement about the anthem. It seems pointless. 

I don't agree with about the players. They have a platform and many of them have experienced racial injustice. Human rights is not political in my mind, it's a basic human necessity, like food and clean water, access to healthcare, etc. 

Politics has always been in sports because sports reflects society. The same as the arts. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I agree with the second part of the statement about the anthem. It seems pointless. 

I don't agree with about the players. They have a platform and many of them have experienced racial injustice. Human rights is not political in my mind, it's a basic human necessity, like food and clean water, access to healthcare, etc. 

Politics has always been in sports because sports reflects society. The same as the arts. 

That is the problem with bringing politics into the game. People will never agree & anger ensues. I think national anthems should be a thing of the past along with flags. 

25 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That is the problem with bringing politics into the game. People will never agree & anger ensues. I think national anthems should be a thing of the past along with flags. 

There has always been and always will be politics in sports. Always, always, always.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

There has always been and always will be politics in sports. Always, always, always.

It's always been wrong. Always, always, always.

I hate the "we've always done it that way argument'', it's never made any sense to continue to do anything just because we've always done it.

24 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I hate the "we've always done it that way argument'', it's never made any sense to continue to do anything just because we've always done it.

How do take politics out of culture? 

I don't want to derail this thread anymore than it already is. Let's continue our discussion elsewhere. 

Go Niners! 

Edited by JCon

33 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Greatest athlete probably in history was Ali. 

also, Jesse Owens, and Jackie Robinson.

Both known at least As much for advancing a cause, as for their athletic achievements.

It was good to watch football, but don’t have pvr and the ads were hard to take.

Kansas City looks to be in mid season form right now.  D line looked very good. Two championships  in a row maybe. Mahomes is really fun to watch. Plays with the enthusiasm of a kid.

On to the Cardinals.

Edited by Mark F

KCs new running back made me go "oh...OH damn!" on his TD run. That was a thing of beauty. Hard to believe that O got better, but if they continue to run the ball that well they will be very hard to beat.

Also I did not start Watkins on my fantasy team...and I'm kinda regretting it.

wait does this new site update auto add new posts to the last one you made....

Oh it does...that's neat...

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

KCs new running back made me go "oh...OH damn!" on his TD run. That was a thing of beauty. Hard to believe that O got better, but if they continue to run the ball that well they will be very hard to beat.

Also I did not start Watkins on my fantasy team...and I'm kinda regretting it.

wait does this new site update auto add new posts to the last one you made....

Not a bad way to play your first professional game, hey? Behind that O-Line? Wow. 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Brady vs Brees later today... Who's gonna take it & why? 

Brees. More continuity with offense. Brady didn't get a chance to play live reps that a preseason would bring. I also think they are a better team. Bucs will get better as season goes on.