Site Update

Rich

7 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

As usual..good looking site.

Now, to wonder if the other headers will still be available, such as font size and the ‘line through words’ feature etc.
There’s definitely less space, about a third, the same size as the width of the twitter feed and recent posts.

Not sure what you mean by font size and line through words feature.  And let me know if there is any other things that people used and are missing.  Can see if I can bring some of them back.  If it isn't a feature I used regularly, I'm probably not going to notice, so doesn't hurt to ask and I can take a look.

The sticky header to make navigation and moving around easier is up now.  For people with wider monitors, the real estate used by the main navigation panel will now extend to most of the screen.

Some other newer features I've noticed from this upgrade:

• For longer running threads, a panel will show on the left hand side with stats, popular posts, and posters
  • If someone necroposts an older thread, it will now add in a timeframe when there is a big gap in time between two posts.  Nice addition to avoid the confusion that usually comes with an old thread being resurrected.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-10-at-1-04-15-PM.png

49 minutes ago, Rich said:

Not sure what you mean by font size and line through words feature.

I was going to try and draw up an example, but in this thread the box is as big as it was before, and the font size is now left corner, 2nd row. The strike through the words is the S with the line through it, plus other features.

I just looked at another thread and these features are not available yet, at least not on my IPad.

This whole thread is like it was before, but it’s not like that on the other threads. 
Did this occur when you started the only new thread or ?.??

Id start a new thread to see what it looks like, but I hesitate...

Edit - these only show up in responding in a thread of course.

And I just noticed, it’s the same when editing, ie, only showing half the choices up top.

Edited by Mr Dee

Hey Rich - is there any chance the Mark Forum As Read button can be moved from the bottom (below all posts) to the top where it used to be? I'm not sure how it looks on desktop but in mobile, it's way at the bottom and you have to scroll past everything. Not a huge deal, but would be nice. TIA! 

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hey Rich - is there any chance the Mark Forum As Read button can be moved from the bottom (below all posts) to the top where it used to be? I'm not sure how it looks on desktop but in mobile, it's way at the bottom and you have to scroll past everything. Not a huge deal, but would be nice. TIA! 

I can look into it.  Depending what you use it for, a faster way would be to open the site menu in the top right and you can mark the whole site as read.

That still won't help if you are only looking to apply it to a specific forum.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Done.   It is still showing up at the bottom, but I've stopped the button from hiding in the mobile view.

• Rich unpinned this topic
On 2020-09-26 at 1:51 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I can't upload a Gif anymore. When I try to insert the image from URL nothing happens... It just sits there. If I try to insert it into the message box the link appears & that is it. Then a user has to click on the link to see the GIF. I'm using Google Chrome. 

9d2.gif

Are you copying the image address? 

I usually right click the gif I want to post, select "copy image address" and then paste it into a post using "post as plain text". 

The few times I have had issues is when I don't wait for the image to appear, before hitting submit reply. The times I just rush hitting "submit reply" before the image forms in my post- i get the link only, no gif. The times I wait for the image to form in my post, it posts the image. This might be a converting thing on the site's end. 

tldr; Try waiting for the image to form in your post before hitting send.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy