Labour Day Week

Jpan85

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

First time I went there I was thinking I'm going to fabled Taylor Field and then arrived and saw the wooden bench bleachers with faded, peeled paint and the porti potties and I was like what a dump.

A few years ago the TSN showed footage of how the crew entered the TF press box before a game. 

There was a ladder up through the front window, if I recall right.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

that's a God-awful video, but fitting for that dump of place. What a win....I remember Demski returning the kick late and going "well, here's Labour Day for you......" and then we pull it out of the fire with a Meddy walk-off.....unreal. What a game. 

I sincerely apologize for being "that guy" but I'm pretty sure it was Kendial Lawrence on the punt return. Demski was in 2015. But man, after all those years of LDC losses, being there for this kick was one of the most euphoric moments I've experienced. The playoff wins were better overall, obviously, but this was damn special.

3 hours ago, Bomberfan85 said:

I sincerely apologize for being "that guy" but I'm pretty sure it was Kendial Lawrence on the punt return. Demski was in 2015. But man, after all those years of LDC losses, being there for this kick was one of the most euphoric moments I've experienced. The playoff wins were better overall, obviously, but this was damn special.

Hmmmmm. I coulda sworn it was Demski but I'll see if I can track down the CFL highlight pack.... 

7 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

How Crapigna ever played another game in the CFL after that performance, I will never know.

Between that and hitting the post in OT on Canada Day 2017, good ol' Crappy was my favourite Rider for a while there! Of course, there was literally no competition for that title.

Edited by Bomberfan85
Auto-correct had me spelling like an American!

1 minute ago, Bomberfan85 said:

Between that and hitting the post in OT on Canada Day 2017, good ol' Crappy was my favorite Rider for a while there! Of course, there was literally no competition for that title.

you should be smacked around for uttering that, and banned forever..hahaha

Not sure if anyone has been following along, but Tait's been doing a great series of "Labour Day Memories" on www.BlueBombers.com this week. All Bombers wins, of course...today's was a fun one from 1987 when Tom Clements rallied the team with 2 TDs in about 2 minutes to win the game. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Not sure if anyone has been following along, but Tait's been doing a great series of "Labour Day Memories" on www.BlueBombers.com this week. All Bombers wins, of course...today's was a fun one from 1987 when Tom Clements rallied the team with 2 TDs in about 2 minutes to win the game. 

Yes! I've been reading them but haven't talked about it here. 

Man, that was a tough era for the Riders. No playoffs for like 600 years or something and the only thing they had was the Labour Day Game. 

The telethons started after that. 

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yes! I've been reading them but haven't talked about it here. 

Man, that was a tough era for the Riders. No playoffs for like 600 years or something and the only thing they had was the Labour Day Game. 

The telethons started after that. 

I have a friend that I used to work with in Dauphin, but is from SW Sask.... he and his buddies were season ticket holders in high school during what he called "The Al Foord Years", and said it's just about the darkest time in Riders history. I always had a modicum of respect for the guys that stuck it out during those years until Shivers and Barrett came along and gave them at least something respectable. Having said that, all those guys became real mouthy assholes after 2007, so they can go **** themselves with a rusty fork...