Diversionary Topic of the Week: My First Blue Bomber Memory

Earliest Bomber related memory I have is going to fan day and the massive line up for Dunigan's tent.  Matty was the king of Winnipeg while he was here.

In game would be some time in the Kerwin Bell era when the team was trash.  Not a lot of winning went on here back then, but I somehow recall one game a ball getting lobbed downfield in the dying minutes and batted by an Argo DB right into a Bomber receiver in stride for a touchdown and I'm pretty sure a win.

On 2020-08-23 at 10:40 AM, MOBomberFan said:

I don't recall Glenn having a very good game 😛 but the other guys made a valiant effort for sure.

Gavin Walls!  I remember that guy found an extra gear in the big game, he was makings plays all over the field (as a DE!)

he was playing like he wanted to win the game singlehandedly, but not in the way where someone does too much and plays badly, the opposite way where they are just out of their minds good and making plays that you wouldn't expect.

Edited by johnzo

Earliest memory:

I was about 14, my brother in his early 20s. Canadinns, of course. We were sitting in the student section on the north side of the stadium in the cheap seats. He took me along with all of his buddies. I didn't really know anything about football or the Bombers yet, but all the excitement, cheering and partying got me absolutely hooked.

He also bought me a beer and didn't tell mom ;) 

Edited by Dr Zaius