2019 Redo - Week 11 Aug 23 - Blue Bombers at Elks

JCon

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

ai yi yi....I forgot about how close that game was and how bad our secondary was at that point. Yeeeeeesh. Way closer than it needed to be. Once again, Trevor Harris with all sorts of yardage and (relatively) few points to show for it. 

That was the criticism all year of him. Could move the chains close but couldn't punch it in. 

There were some crazy plays during that game. 

I really do think the unsung hero in this game was Geoff Gray, knew how to play on the edge and did just enough to get under Edmonton's skin... all whilst not being penalized.

Dirty? Arguably...game-changing? 3 minutes and change after Strev gets stuffed on 2nd and 12, two stupid Edmonton penalties kept that drive alive allowing more time to be chewed off the clock.

Just now, Eternal optimist said:

I really do think the unsung hero in this game was Geoff Gray, knew how to play on the edge and did just enough to get under Edmonton's skin... all whilst not being penalized.

Dirty? Arguably...game-changing? 3 minutes and change after Strev gets stuffed on 2nd and 12, two stupid Edmonton penalties kept that drive alive allowing more time to be chewed off the clock.

They totally found a way to win this game. This bodes well for the second half of the season. 

Small side note, the Western Final is on TSN right now. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Small side note, the Western Final is on TSN right now. 

They’ve played it before and I’d rather see the Friday night game that was played in whatever week this was in the CFL back in 2019.

Don't get me wrong, I won’t tire of ever watching this game as we stood tall and held the ’mighty’ Riders to their fate. But I’m hungry for different games, and different action. 
As it is, if I want to see goalposts being hit...I’ll watch hockey..😀

11 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

They’ve played it before and I’d rather see the Friday night game that was played in whatever week this was in the CFL back in 2019.

Don't get me wrong, I won’t tire of ever watching this game as we stood tall and held the ’mighty’ Riders to their fate. But I’m hungry for different games, and different action. 
As it is, if I want to see goalposts being hit...I’ll watch hockey..😀

You misspelled "overrated"

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

imagine being so deluded that you think Cody Fajardo is a legitimate all star QB who was gonna throw for 5000+ yards this year.....

So which is the worst delusion

A) Thinking the world is flat?

B)Thinking Cody Fajardo is a legitimate all star QB who was going to throw for 5000+ yards this year?

C) Being an anti vaxxer?

Just now, rebusrankin said:

So which is the worst delusion

A) Thinking the world is flat?

B)Thinking Cody Fajardo is a legitimate all star QB who was going to throw for 5000+ yards this year?

C) Being an anti vaxxer?

I feel like there's a lot of crossover there....

On 2020-08-19 at 10:31 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

It's pretty lame the CFL website doesn't have an archive available for previous games over the years, especially now that a 2020 season isn't going to happen.

It'd be fun to go through classic games, milestones, and moments from seasons past.

The CFL is incapable of even thinking about things like that. No surprise. 

On 2020-08-19 at 1:15 PM, Bubba Zanetti said:

Jesus, late august and we were still rolling out Fenner, Gaitor, and Hecht? I don't remember that!

You're forgetting Gaitor was actually good last year... then he got hurt... Maston took over and was much better... proves you CAN lose your job because of injury...

Fenner and Hecht... not as much... Let's just say Jones and Alexander made a huge difference... 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2020-08-19 at 11:23 AM, Bubba Zanetti said:

Man, at this rate were never going to win the cup.

yeah it's not looking good.  Hoping for a miracle run on the road in the playoffs, but hey I'm just a glass half full kind of guy...

On 2020-08-21 at 3:01 PM, JCon said:

It's Friday night, on a summer evening, and the only thing I have to look forward to tonight is replays of Bomber games years past. 

I would gladly listen to Rod Black right now taking about some ridiculous burger totally ignoring a football game. 

I'd even take Keith Urban in the broadcast booth staring like a deer in headlights at a football game right now.