A Proposal to MBB...

JCon

Since our season is cancelled, how would MBB feel about weekly games that mirror last season, leading up to the Grey Cup? 

Someone could provide a link to the YouTube game and we could comment on it. Obviously, the outcome would known but we could walk, week by week, to the penultimate Grey Cup finish? 

Yay or nay? 

Yes, 2019 was quite the season.

The thing that I remember best, upon review, was not only beating Calgary in the semi, beating Sask. in the final (extra sweet) and then beating the ‘superior’ Hamilton Ti-Cats in the Grey Cup, but there’s something else we beat in that run and that was the odds.
3 games on the road with a newly installed QB.

Talk about drama. Talk about a team coming together. 
Thank goodness I still have those 3 games recorded..

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I know I complained about the Collaros trade. I definitely complained about Lapo in the first half of the Semi versus Calgary. I know there's more but who wants to go look it up and feel even more embarrassed.

No, this a redo, where we can all correct our prior mistakes. We can embrace our Dominant Hall-D! We can embrace the subtle genius of the Lapo-ffense! 

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

No, this a redo, where we can all correct our prior mistakes. We can embrace our Dominant Hall-D! We can embrace the subtle genius of the Lapo-ffense! 

Got it. I tell you guys, I just have a feeling that Lapo is going to the old rope a dope in the first half of our playoff game versus Calgary. First half, it'll look awful and we'll all be calling for his head but in the second half, he'll flip the switch and kick some Stamps butt.

there was a LOT of concern about his injury history and that, if he ever came into a game, he'd get hurt right away. So it all seemed really silly. Glad it worked out.

As for that West Semi in Calgary.... I just remember saying to 17to85 at the half, "I feel like we're in this thing....we've got a shot". We knew that we almost always made good adjustments at the half...we just had to not lose it during the first half. Sure enough, it all came together. A beautiful thing to watch. I will never forget watching Demski run through that hole on the option by Streveler....

23 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Got it. I tell you guys, I just have a feeling that Lapo is going to the old rope a dope in the first half of our playoff game versus Calgary. First half, it'll look awful and we'll all be calling for his head but in the second half, he'll flip the switch and kick some Stamps butt.

I know Collaros is gonna start, but I really think Streveler will play a big roll. I can see him breaking a long run for a touchdown against that Dline....just a hunch

Since we're all gushing over Strevs  anyways, just thought I'd mention he is one of the only QBs I've ever seen that goes out of his way to make blocks for his teammates. Other QBs do it in critical situations (such as on a WR double reverse) but he's just straight out there looking to hit someone. Best example I can think of was in the Grey Cup at 4:05 of the shortened highlights, seals off #94 perfectly.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/11/24/gc107-recap-winnipeg-33-hamilton-12/

18 hours ago, JCon said:

Since our season is cancelled, how would MBB feel about weekly games that mirror last season, leading up to the Grey Cup? 

Someone could provide a link to the YouTube game and we could comment on it. Obviously, the outcome would known but we could walk, week by week, to the penultimate Grey Cup finish? 

Yay or nay? 

Well... if there was a season in the last 30 years that bears reliving, 2019 is it.

Yay.

Just a quick suggestion, link the game day threads into posts.

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Well... if there was a season in the last 30 years that bears reliving, 2019 is it.

Yay.

Just a quick suggestion, link the game day threads into posts.

Good point about the threads. I've been using the build up ones and the GDT to help refresh my memory and get material. 

I'll add them right now. 

3 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Since we're all gushing over Strevs  anyways, just thought I'd mention he is one of the only QBs I've ever seen that goes out of his way to make blocks for his teammates. Other QBs do it in critical situations (such as on a WR double reverse) but he's just straight out there looking to hit someone. Best example I can think of was in the Grey Cup at 4:05 of the shortened highlights, seals off #94 perfectly.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/11/24/gc107-recap-winnipeg-33-hamilton-12/

The last thing I want to see before I die is my wife, my daughter, and that Thiadric Hansen special teams hit. Not necessarily in that order.

22 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We need more lists relating to the Bombers. We did an All Time team thanks to True Blue 4ever so now we need to do others. The Top 10 Linebackers, etc. Something to keep us going... 

I was actually contemplating that kind of thing, but thought it hit a little close to the nomination process for the all-time team, so I wondered how repetitive it might be. But stay tuned, have a few thoughts...…..

….and I know how much everyone loves my long-winded, detail heavy posts, so I aim to please.