2020 NHL Playoffs

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

I thought they talked about starting again in December

They have but it's looking less and less likely. Draft and free agency in the first few weeks of October. Camp in mid-November? It's too late for that now. Maybe they get going in December with camp, break for Xmas and then start around New Year? 

Edited by JCon

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

On the drug front, the items of choice were cannabis gummies. "The only thing that you really saw advertised was guys that were into their gummies or edibles. And that was usually just used in their rooms," one Eastern Conference player said.

Sure different from the old Grant Fuhr days.

34 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

On the drug front, the items of choice were cannabis gummies. "The only thing that you really saw advertised was guys that were into their gummies or edibles. And that was usually just used in their rooms," one Eastern Conference player said.

Sure different from the old Grant Fuhr days.

tenor.gif?itemid=11590179

1st of all, I am impressed that the NHL could pull this kind of shortened season off without any Covid problems.

Thats impressive. And it worked.

What I didn’t like was the forcing of games. Case in point..the Stanley Cup final played back to back, and some teams playing 5 games in 7 nights.

Other than that..Bravo!

25 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

1st of all, I am impressed that the NHL could pull this kind of shortened season off without any Covid problems.

Thats impressive. And it worked.

What I didn’t like was the forcing of games. Case in point..the Stanley Cup final played back to back, and some teams playing 5 games in 7 nights.

Other than that..Bravo!

The NHL should condense it's entire season into 6 months, playoffs and all. 

Curious to see what the next season will look like. Last thing I read, from yesterday, was talk of rotating bubbles. Would be 4-6 bubbles across North America, and teams would play within a bubble for two weeks, then get a week off to go home and spend with their families, and then go to a different bubble for two weeks...etc etc etc. Interesting concept...we'll see what happens. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Curious to see what the next season will look like. Last thing I read, from yesterday, was talk of rotating bubbles. Would be 4-6 bubbles across North America, and teams would play within a bubble for two weeks, then get a week off to go home and spend with their families, and then go to a different bubble for two weeks...etc etc etc. Interesting concept...we'll see what happens. 

Month on, month off.

On 2020-09-29 at 8:08 AM, JCon said:

The NHL should condense it's entire season into 6 months, playoffs and all. 

Start October 1. Give all teams their week off between Christmas and New Year's. Make the All-Star skills competition on New Year's Eve. Replace the All-Star game with the Winter Classic and the All-Star host gets to play a division rival. Finish March 31. 80 game season max. Playoffs start in April 3. Teams play every second day, 4 series each day. Stanley Cup awarded by the end of May. 

On 2020-09-29 at 10:39 AM, Noeller said:

The Athletic did a piece where they interviewed players about the playoff bubble, and the one thing they all seemed to agree on was that they would not play for a whole season in the bubble after this experience.