The Lafreniere Draft Lottery

14 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I still don’t see why the number 1 draft pick is available only to the teams that missed the playoffs. 
Whose idea was this?

(And @SpeedFlex27 don’t say it was Ambrosie’s) 😁

I don't understand your question. 

1. It was Ambrosie's fault. We all know it.

2. The lottery happened but the teams that made the qualifying round couldn't be slotted into their position. So, not all the draft positions were known. An "unknown" position won the lottery. Now, you can't have a team tank out to get the number one overall pick, so they tossed all the qualifiers into a hat. Everyone getting an equal chance. This was not predetermined prior to the initial draft. 

3. Ambrosie fixed it so the Rangers won, which means it's his fault. How he has sway in the NHL is unknown but I'm certain Bettman and Ambrosie are part of a secret Commish cult. Manfred is a Grand Poobah in this cult. 

I think Ambrosie did it to curry favour with Bettman so they can have another outdoor game at a CFL venue, which will of course save the CFL with a massive payday and make Randy Bo Bandy the greatest CFL commish evah and Bettman some sort of Canadian football folk hero. This in turn will enrage Wade Miller, who no doubt has CFL commissioner aspirations, and he'll take it out on Walters and O'Shea, effectively ending the Canadian Mafia, much to the delight of Dave Dickenson. /s

In all seriousness, though, it was just pure chance the Rangers got the first overall pick. Of course it's a win for the league and a big market in the Big Apple but I don't think any shenanigans were afoot.

As for the Jets, taking a defenseman or a centre at 10th overall seems like a no brainer. Sanderson or Guhle would be nice adds on the blue line; Perfetti, Lundell, or Mercer would be nice adds down the middle.

Here are the June draft rankings: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-2020-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-lottery-edition/

Edited by blue_gold_84
link added

3 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I think Ambrosie did it to curry favour with Bettman so they can have another outdoor game at a CFL venue, which will of course save the CFL with a massive payday and make Randy Bo Bandy the greatest CFL commish evah, in turn enraging Miller and he'll take it out on Walters and O'Shea, effectively ending the Canadian Mafia, much to the delight of Dave Dickenson. /s

In all seriousness, though, it was just pure chance the Rangers got the first overall pick. Of course it's a win for the league and a big market in the Big Apple but I don't think any shenanigans were afoot.

As for the Jets, taking a defenseman or a centre at 10th overall seems like a no brainer. Sanderson or Guhle would be nice adds on the blue line; Perfetti, Lundell, or Mercer would be nice adds down the middle.

Here are the June draft rankings: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-2020-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-lottery-edition/

The Jets will draft the highest rated American left on the board. 

Why can't a simple draw take place without a hitch...This guy with the balls drops the Rangers ball before he was supposed to....bringing it back up to do it properly with his finger and magically the Rangers ball comes up as the winner.... Rangers ball the only one that was mishandled...I want a redraw  LOL ..(like that's gonna happen)...A lot of people are left wondering ...were there any shenanigans in the process????Call me a little skeptical but I didn't like the way that came off

• 1 month later...

Heres a name.. Ill give you 3. I don't think they like Lundell.. Hes being compared to Zacha aka hes a bust.. 

Jake Sanderson. D. 

Hendrix Lapierre. C. 

Seth Jarvis. C/RW. 

Jets prob hoping for a guy who falls like Cole Perfetti or Rossi.. I think they would sprint to grab Sanderson tho. BPA tho.. Its what they have done outside of the Laine draft where they took a swing and miss on Stanley