Qualifier : Game 4

16 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Hellebuyck got no help on either goal. Shore's defending on the first goal was embarrassing. On the second goal, all five players are just watching as if the period had already ended.

Mental sharpness just isn't there when it needs to be.

He looked terrible on the second goal. It looked like Hellebuyck mentally checked out of period one. Shore shouldn't be in that position, a defenseman should cover the net not the center.

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I decided to sit this game out. I'm glad I did. They were Charmin' soft even with Scheifle & Laine in the lineup. This is Chevy's team. I'm sure he'll get an extension. 

Well it's hard to blame the guy when Buff walks out and Trouba demands out,  team gets riddled with injuries to key players.  You can't expect the guy to create miracles.  

9 hours ago, MrFreakzilla said:

He looked terrible on the second goal. It looked like Hellebuyck mentally checked out of period one. Shore shouldn't be in that position, a defenseman should cover the net not the center.

How did he look "terrible" on it? Bennett was left alone in front and he potted the goal. If you're going to crap on him out for checking out, at least do the same for the other five players on that second goal. They all stopped playing despite there being a couple of seconds left on the clock.

I agree on Shore, whose defensive zone play is mediocre at best, but he didn't even try to tie up Dube who got two whacks at the puck before scoring.

So we're in the Lafreniere sweepstakes early.....the only thing is this club needs more than a top pic to right the ship....Total rebuild and a few years in the hinterland looks like this teams future....Sad..when you think it wasn't  too long ago we were a top dog...Big changes on the way and maybe we start with Chevy

So what did we learn? STL averaged 6.4" winning the cup. WPG entered season as smallest D.

Old beef....Myers, Chiarot, Tanev were UFA's and Chevy said not worried. I'll sign them in off season. Not even a bag of pucks. Not to mention throwing away the first 2019 pick trying to win cup at a time when we played .500 hockey.

Bigger, faster, grittier. It's trending in one direction and Chevy looked other way.

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So what did we learn? STL averaged 6.4" winning the cup. WPG entered season as smallest D.

Old beef....Myers, Chiarot, Tanev were UFA's and Chevy said not worried. I'll sign them in off season. Not even a bag of pucks. Not to mention throwing away the first 2019 pick trying to win cup at a time when we played .500 hockey.

Bigger, faster, grittier. It's trending in one direction and Chevy looked other way.

I can't believe Jets fans still wanted these guys at those prices. This has to be the worst Jets' fan take over the past couple of years.