Qualifier : Game 1

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

It's hard to say what Tkachuk's plan was. At best it was incredibly reckless.

Oh for sure. Hard plays in to the boards like that can be incredibly reckless. But Maurice has to be 100% sure that it was intentional if he is gonna call him out for that. Otherwise it can make him look like the fool.

14 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Oh for sure. Hard plays in to the boards like that can be incredibly reckless. But Maurice has to be 100% sure that it was intentional if he is gonna call him out for that. Otherwise it can make him look like the fool.

No it doesn't make Maurice look like a fool. He lost one of his best players on a reckless play by a known agitator. He's pissed.

Flames suck.

In a play such as this, the instigator usually gets the benefit of a doubt, depending on a number of factors. One of the factors, being an agitator like Tkachuk, moves the needle more to the intent side as opposed to unfortunate accident. 
Did Tkachuk plan it? Of course not. He’s not that smart. But, could he have adjusted the skate angle? I think so. We, on the TV feed, could not see the right angle, but one knows when there is danger in an upcoming hit. Did he hold up his skate too long?

It’s Tkachuk, and his reputation, and thats why there are questions.

53 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

No it doesn't make Maurice look like a fool. He lost one of his best players on a reckless play by a known agitator. He's pissed.

Flames suck.

Of course he’s upset. Who wouldn’t be? But every time a player gets injured by another player, the coach can just go off and say “100% intentional” when they have no idea? 

19 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

In a play such as this, the instigator usually gets the benefit of a doubt, depending on a number of factors. One of the factors, being an agitator like Tkachuk, moves the needle more to the intent side as opposed to unfortunate accident. 
Did Tkachuk plan it? Of course not. He’s not that smart. But, could he have adjusted the skate angle? I think so. We, on the TV feed, could not see the right angle, but one knows when there is danger in an upcoming hit. Did he hold up his skate too long?

It’s Tkachuk, and his reputation, and thats why there are questions.

No one is disagreeing with you there.

1 hour ago, Tiny759 said:

Of course he’s upset. Who wouldn’t be? But every time a player gets injured by another player, the coach can just go off and say “100% intentional” when they have no idea? 

Yea he probably does have an idea because I'm sure he reviewed the footage over and over again and watched MT skate come up and clip MS from behind. Yes he can't read MT mind to get at intent but he's basing on MT's track record and he's backing his player.  As far as I know historically PM does not go off every time and say 100% intentional when one of his players gets hurt by another player. 

There have been a lot of players who have used moves like this - slew foot, slide the stick under someone’s skate, jump to avoid a player with your elbows as high as possible - glen anderson comes to mind...

it’s always intentional. That’s just the type of player he is

48 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Can we stop calling tkachuk an agitator? He is a dirty player plain and simple. 

I was JUST about to post that. Agitator is way too weak of a term. Piece of **** is more like it. 

Just pisses me off the lengths people will go to excuse these cheap shot artists. 

Yeah maybe he didn't intend to get his skate up and try and chop the guys leg off, but he sure as hell intended to hit the guy in a vulnerable position. It's what they do. When you are always trying to take shots at guys you cross the line and injure people.