Qualifier : Game 1

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

I thought our friends from Alberta on here said this was going to be  cakewalk over Calgary?

With a healthy Scheiffele and Laine it is. Right now they're a glorified AHL team. Calgary didn't do **** all last night other than sit back and watch the Jets implode. Make no mistake... Calgary is not a good team. The Jets were just awful last night. 

45 minutes ago, Noeller said:

With a healthy Scheiffele and Laine it is. Right now they're a glorified AHL team. Calgary didn't do **** all last night other than sit back and watch the Jets implode. Make no mistake... Calgary is not a good team. The Jets were just awful last night. 

Calgary did what they had to. Took out Scheif!

Bigger, faster, grittier. Whoda thunk that works?

Calgary just followed the same game plan everyone uses against the jets - send a fore checker to hammer our D behind our net, lineup at the blue line to prevent zone entry.. without Scheifele it worked

jets need to sign one or two big talented D - sad that Wheeler is our enforcer 

11 hours ago, Tiny759 said:

Idk what Paul is going on about, but that’s a huge allegation to say that it was intentional from tkachuck

Intentional? I don't think so but if you were told before the game that Tkachuk would take out someone for the rest of the playoffs would you be surprised? Crickets.

35 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Intentional? I don't think so but if you were told before the game that Tkachuk would take out someone for the rest of the playoffs would you be surprised? Crickets.

Well yes and no. That same question could be applied to buff. Just because someone is bigger and stronger doesn’t mean he’s going out there looking to hurt people and injure them. 

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Calgary is such a boring team to watch. Like watching paint dry. 

A Flame fan buddy of mine was making fun of various members of the Jets the other day and I was like "oh yeah well...." and I drew a blank as I couldn't think of one player on the Flames...

Again, the Jets missed Scheiffele (arguably their best player) for most of the game, and Laine (arguably their best scorer and most important PP player) for part of it. It's not like Calgary is a better team or anything. The Jets are just way too shallow to handle those two injuries. 

2 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Neither of them won, they both ended up in the box, but then again the Jets scored in that PP did they not?

Jets were 0/7 on the pp, but cmon that tussle didn’t end in a draw, and no I’m not saying it was a decisive win.