Qualifier : Game 1

fLames are terrible. Jets in 3. People worried about Tkachuk....don't. Just ignore him and he goes away. Their goaltending is also highly suspect. Jets SHOULDN'T have any trouble with these guys. I'm still calling Jets/Oilers WCF, but we'll see what happens starting Saturday, I suppose...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

fLames are terrible. Jets in 3. People worried about Tkachuk....don't. Just ignore him and he goes away. Their goaltending is also highly suspect. Jets SHOULDN'T have any trouble with these guys. I'm still calling Jets/Oilers WCF, but we'll see what happens starting Saturday, I suppose...

I feel like such a fanatic. Part of me thinks the D is too small/weak and we will score the #1 draft pick. The other part thinks the same as Noeller.

19 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I feel like such a fanatic. Part of me thinks the D is too small/weak and we will score the #1 draft pick. The other part thinks the same as Noeller.

too many people think it's still the 1970s.... size is important but speed and puck movement trumps size every time... I'd take a small, good skating puck mover over a big bruiser any day... although, I'd rather have a guy that's both (Byfuglien 😥)

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

too many people think it's still the 1970s.... size is important but speed and puck movement trumps size every time... I'd take a small, good skating puck mover over a big bruiser any day... although, I'd rather have a guy that's both (Byfuglien 😥)

One for one sure, but it's nice to have a mix of both in the group.

Winnipeg has a hybrid team. There's some size, but there's also speed. They're not the team from a couple years ago that was massive and would check teams into submission, but they still have some size for sure. A lot of the talking heads are putting too much stock into the fact that Pionk had a rough outing vs Van. He was a really really nice addition for the team this year, and once they shake off the rust, he's going to be just fine. 

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

STL averaged 6'4" winning their cup. Not many Jets D can push a guy away from Helle.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

11 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I'm pumped for hockey to return.  Jets should take this series.  Hopefully the rust wears off quicker than Calgary.  And let's hope we get Cuthbert calling the games.  Bombers won the Grey Cup with him calling the game...perhaps the Jets get that same magic ;)

We are undefeated when Keith Urban calls games, just sayin'.