Favourite and least favourite Bomber

24 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Can we exclude Darian Durant as least favourite Bomber just to make this somewhat interesting as I'm sure everyone will pick his name :)

I would bet that even if he was included, he would fall far short of the most disliked Bomber, if for no other reason than he was here for such a short period and his actions were so inconsequential in the end to the big picture of the club. I can think of a number of coaches, GMs and club executives who would draw more wrath from the fans here. 

Wow, this topic certainly is different. Okay, all time favourite... Has to be Dave Raimey. Least favourite was that cheap shot offensive lineman who played for us in the early 2000's who was run out off the league for continually trying to injure other players legs with dirty blind side or combo blocks. Forget his name. There's no place in the game for that. 

40 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Wow, this topic certainly is different. Okay, all time favourite... Has to be Dave Raimey. Least favourite was that cheap shot offensive lineman who played for us in the early 2000's who was run out off the league for continually trying to injure other players legs with dirty blind side or combo blocks. Forget his name. There's no place in the game for that. 

Brandon Dyson

Fav Bomber... Obby Khan because he was the nicest guy that I've met on the team.  Walby and Gorrell also were extremely nice guys when I met them as well.  

Least favorite ...  I'm sure we had some terrible guys over the years (off the field)  purely based on play I would say Jason Boltus and for being a bad guy I'd go with Colin Scrivener. 

Honorable mentions goes to Troy Westwood and Wade Miller taking all those damn penalties :)     Rod Hill also was a big a-hole when he was my boss and by far the worst person I met from the club.  

Doug Brown probably favourite Bomber. Everything that I would want to cheer for. Jamie Stoddard a close second. 

Least favourite is tough to pick. I kind of want to say Charles Roberts for his role in the 2007 GC debacle (and possibly 2001...) 

Least favourite Bomber probably gotta be Kamau Peterson. 

Favourite well the easy answer is Milt, but I am such a shameless Khari fanboi... (which is why I have such a tremendous dislike of Incompleterson. One of Khari's last games here guy dropped everything until Glenn went in and suddenly he remembers how to catch. Helped railroad Khari out of town)

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Least favourite Bomber probably gotta be Kamau Peterson. 

Favourite well the easy answer is Milt, but I am such a shameless Khari fanboi... (which is why I have such a tremendous dislike of Incompleterson. One of Khari's last games here guy dropped everything until Glenn went in and suddenly he remembers how to catch. Helped railroad Khari out of town)

https://www.cfl.ca/2007/07/13/_incompleterson__healed/

:)

Favorite Blue Bombers - Matt Dunigan from 92-94, Juron Bolden, Stegall, and the Roberts/Sellers backfield

Least Favorite Bombers

- Matt Dunigan (1995, why did you have to leave?)

- Darian Durant (but he turned into a Bighill)

- Dominique Picard (Dirty player for us... Like,  Dirty player for them... Hate)

- Brendan Labatte (traitor... Labatte's Blue)

- Hufnagel (once he became a coach and GM)

Edited by ALuCsRED

4 hours ago, ALuCsRED said:

Favorite Blue Bombers - Matt Dunigan from 92-9, Juron Bolden, Stegall, and the Roberts/Sellers backfield

Least Favorite Bombers

- Matt Dunigan (1995, why did you have to leave?)

- Darian Durant (but he turned into a Bighill)

- Dominique Picard (Dirty player for us... Like,  Dirty player for them... Hate)

- Brendan Labatte (traitor... Labatte's Blue)

- Hufnagel (once he became a coach and GM)

Great list.

I’ve never disliked a Bomber while they played for us. I may have disliked their play at times but my obsession for the BB’s always seem to cancel out who they may have been as a person. It’s only after they leave the organization and the reasons why I can then start judging. :)

The turtle man is by far #1, no ands, ifs or buts.

Favourite - I feel personally that this one gets locked in wheN you are young and impressionable and “hero worship” these players. So while I loved that Willard Reaves was so good and gave those footballs to the kids in wheelchairs after he scored, for me it will always be Tom Clements. Super smart, not graced with superpower ability but a massive football IQ, quiet, humble, winner. Plus loved his crack when he came back for his Bomber Hall fo Fame induction “Thanks for the beautiful framed jersey, now I can return the one I stole from the locker room on my way out when I retired”. Close second would be Mike Riley, who always found the silver lining even in a tough loss and just was someone you wanted to cheer for since he seemed so nice and genuine. A middling college coaching career and the Oregon State player sex assault scandal tarnished His rep a bit. 

Least favourite is more built up over time. When I started following the club, Bernie Ruoff was the villain around town for his pot bust and ejection from the club, but before my time so no problem with him. Brock was the big villain for a long time For his zoo comments and holdout, but he returned graciously and the shine has never come off his brilliant play. Charlie Roberts is high on my list for squandering all that talent in the big games with his partying, and his walkout, but our 2019 Grey Cup has washed away the anger, and his overall play makes him hard to dislike. Gerald Wilcox was great until he trashed the team on his way out of town after being cut, which is never a good look, but the club was proved right in the “I can still play” “No you can’t” war when Calgary cut him in training camp. And Troy Westwood bothers me more now as a broadcaster than he did as a player even factoring in the ‘01 Cup, but he’s doing a bit on the radio as the resident contrarian, so meh.

That leaves me with 2 on the management side as least favourite. #2: I was never wowed by Mike Kelly as an O/C (that offence was mainly on Dunigan improvising and not so much the genius of the game plan) and was leery when he was given the head coach spot given his arrogance and seeming entitlement to the job, and he did not disappoint in displaying those very characteristics. Middling results but an embarrassing spectacle in the PR world, capped off with his criminal charges after he left.

But even he pales in comparison to the train wreck that was Joe Mack at #1. I knew a well placed football person in the Province who said that they were essentially one of three people Mack would be forced to pick up the phone and take advice from even when he chafed at the idea, and they said the combination of arrogance and ignorance from him was unlike anything they had encountered. He fought everyone, played the “I’m the smartest guy in the room, just ask me” card all the time, and the results? I’ll skip the litany of bad draft choices, coaches under the bus, patronizing media conferences, and just leave it at “52-0”. 

Milt. Simply the best in so many ways.

Loved watching Charles Roberts play, obviously.

Andrew Harris will now always hold a special place for me. Came back to his home town and was instrumental winning the Grey Cup that had eluded us for so long.

Other players on this team: Willie Jefferson, Jemarcus Hardrick. But honestly, I love them all. 

Not nearly enough love for Doug Brown in this thread. Greatest DT in league history, American or Canadian, and moved to town full time to give back in a number of ways. He's everything you could ask for of a professional athlete in your community. 

Favorite: Kenny Ploen - As a kid growing up without seeing the Bombers win a Grey Cup and looking back and seeing this guy had won four just made him mythical to me. Had a chance to meet him and he's a cool guy too. Humble, and just a great dude.

Least favorite: I find this a lot tougher actually, I guess I would have to say Nic Grigsby, only because he was such a flash in the pan that talked way too much. Couldn't walk the walk, and definitely was not a team player. The fact he was on some of the worst Bomber teams ever doesn't help.